Sep 10, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
It’s always a treat when we see college basketball coaches speaking outside of a crowded gym or full press room cluttered with reporters. When they are speaking off the cuff about non-basketball related things, it humanizes them, so to speak.
Last weekend at the “Duke basketball campout,” head coach Mike Krzyzewski had the mic and began to do some storytelling. You’re better off watching the video, but the gist of it is that Coach K professed his love for Beyonce. Yes, Beyonce Knowles, Jay-Z’s wife.
The short of it is that when LeBron Jaemes, who was to be honored as Sports Illustrated’s Sportsman of the Year, asked him to give his introductory speech, Coach K was thrilled having coached King James on the USA Olympic team. Yet, fast forward to the actual ceremony, he was baffled that as he sat down in the front row he found two empty seats surrounding him. Unbeknownst to him, those two seats belonged to Beyonce and Jay-Z.
It sure is good to know that Coach K’s wife and three daughters already knew of his affection for Beyonce.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)