Sep 10, 2013, 10:00 PM EST
It’s always a treat when we see college basketball coaches speaking outside of a crowded gym or full press room cluttered with reporters. When they are speaking off the cuff about non-basketball related things, it humanizes them, so to speak.
Last weekend at the “Duke basketball campout,” head coach Mike Krzyzewski had the mic and began to do some storytelling. You’re better off watching the video, but the gist of it is that Coach K professed his love for Beyonce. Yes, Beyonce Knowles, Jay-Z’s wife.
The short of it is that when LeBron Jaemes, who was to be honored as Sports Illustrated’s Sportsman of the Year, asked him to give his introductory speech, Coach K was thrilled having coached King James on the USA Olympic team. Yet, fast forward to the actual ceremony, he was baffled that as he sat down in the front row he found two empty seats surrounding him. Unbeknownst to him, those two seats belonged to Beyonce and Jay-Z.
It sure is good to know that Coach K’s wife and three daughters already knew of his affection for Beyonce.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)