Sep 10, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
It’s always a treat when we see college basketball coaches speaking outside of a crowded gym or full press room cluttered with reporters. When they are speaking off the cuff about non-basketball related things, it humanizes them, so to speak.
Last weekend at the “Duke basketball campout,” head coach Mike Krzyzewski had the mic and began to do some storytelling. You’re better off watching the video, but the gist of it is that Coach K professed his love for Beyonce. Yes, Beyonce Knowles, Jay-Z’s wife.
The short of it is that when LeBron Jaemes, who was to be honored as Sports Illustrated’s Sportsman of the Year, asked him to give his introductory speech, Coach K was thrilled having coached King James on the USA Olympic team. Yet, fast forward to the actual ceremony, he was baffled that as he sat down in the front row he found two empty seats surrounding him. Unbeknownst to him, those two seats belonged to Beyonce and Jay-Z.
It sure is good to know that Coach K’s wife and three daughters already knew of his affection for Beyonce.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)