Sep 10, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
It’s always a treat when we see college basketball coaches speaking outside of a crowded gym or full press room cluttered with reporters. When they are speaking off the cuff about non-basketball related things, it humanizes them, so to speak.
Last weekend at the “Duke basketball campout,” head coach Mike Krzyzewski had the mic and began to do some storytelling. You’re better off watching the video, but the gist of it is that Coach K professed his love for Beyonce. Yes, Beyonce Knowles, Jay-Z’s wife.
The short of it is that when LeBron Jaemes, who was to be honored as Sports Illustrated’s Sportsman of the Year, asked him to give his introductory speech, Coach K was thrilled having coached King James on the USA Olympic team. Yet, fast forward to the actual ceremony, he was baffled that as he sat down in the front row he found two empty seats surrounding him. Unbeknownst to him, those two seats belonged to Beyonce and Jay-Z.
It sure is good to know that Coach K’s wife and three daughters already knew of his affection for Beyonce.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)