Sep 10, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
Florida State earned their first commitment in the Class of 2014 on Tuesday, as 6-foot-6 forward Cinmeon Bowers pledged to Leonard Hamilton and the Seminoles.
“Just committed to Florida State!” Bowers tweeted.
Bowers was a four-star recruit coming out of high school, according to Rivals, but he couldn’t get cleared academically to play. He’s spent last season at Chipola JC in Florida, and he could end up being the No. 1 JuCo recruit in the country by the time his sophomore season comes to an end.
Florida State recruited Bowers out of high school, but Louisville and Memphis were both in the mix to land the bowling ball of a power forward.
Leonard Hamilton missed out on Andrew Wiggins and lost Xavier Rathan-Mayes to the NCAA’s Eligibility Center in the Class of 2013, but kicking things off with Bowers in 2014 is a good start.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)