Sep 10, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
Florida State earned their first commitment in the Class of 2014 on Tuesday, as 6-foot-6 forward Cinmeon Bowers pledged to Leonard Hamilton and the Seminoles.
“Just committed to Florida State!” Bowers tweeted.
Bowers was a four-star recruit coming out of high school, according to Rivals, but he couldn’t get cleared academically to play. He’s spent last season at Chipola JC in Florida, and he could end up being the No. 1 JuCo recruit in the country by the time his sophomore season comes to an end.
Florida State recruited Bowers out of high school, but Louisville and Memphis were both in the mix to land the bowling ball of a power forward.
Leonard Hamilton missed out on Andrew Wiggins and lost Xavier Rathan-Mayes to the NCAA’s Eligibility Center in the Class of 2013, but kicking things off with Bowers in 2014 is a good start.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0