Sep 10, 2013, 1:04 PM EST
Florida State earned their first commitment in the Class of 2014 on Tuesday, as 6-foot-6 forward Cinmeon Bowers pledged to Leonard Hamilton and the Seminoles.
“Just committed to Florida State!” Bowers tweeted.
Bowers was a four-star recruit coming out of high school, according to Rivals, but he couldn’t get cleared academically to play. He’s spent last season at Chipola JC in Florida, and he could end up being the No. 1 JuCo recruit in the country by the time his sophomore season comes to an end.
Florida State recruited Bowers out of high school, but Louisville and Memphis were both in the mix to land the bowling ball of a power forward.
Leonard Hamilton missed out on Andrew Wiggins and lost Xavier Rathan-Mayes to the NCAA’s Eligibility Center in the Class of 2013, but kicking things off with Bowers in 2014 is a good start.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 3
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)