Sep 10, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
Florida State earned their first commitment in the Class of 2014 on Tuesday, as 6-foot-6 forward Cinmeon Bowers pledged to Leonard Hamilton and the Seminoles.
“Just committed to Florida State!” Bowers tweeted.
Bowers was a four-star recruit coming out of high school, according to Rivals, but he couldn’t get cleared academically to play. He’s spent last season at Chipola JC in Florida, and he could end up being the No. 1 JuCo recruit in the country by the time his sophomore season comes to an end.
Florida State recruited Bowers out of high school, but Louisville and Memphis were both in the mix to land the bowling ball of a power forward.
Leonard Hamilton missed out on Andrew Wiggins and lost Xavier Rathan-Mayes to the NCAA’s Eligibility Center in the Class of 2013, but kicking things off with Bowers in 2014 is a good start.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)