Sep 10, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
Florida State earned their first commitment in the Class of 2014 on Tuesday, as 6-foot-6 forward Cinmeon Bowers pledged to Leonard Hamilton and the Seminoles.
“Just committed to Florida State!” Bowers tweeted.
Bowers was a four-star recruit coming out of high school, according to Rivals, but he couldn’t get cleared academically to play. He’s spent last season at Chipola JC in Florida, and he could end up being the No. 1 JuCo recruit in the country by the time his sophomore season comes to an end.
Florida State recruited Bowers out of high school, but Louisville and Memphis were both in the mix to land the bowling ball of a power forward.
Leonard Hamilton missed out on Andrew Wiggins and lost Xavier Rathan-Mayes to the NCAA’s Eligibility Center in the Class of 2013, but kicking things off with Bowers in 2014 is a good start.
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)