Sep 10, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Macura, who hails from Minnesota, joins Edmund Sumner, a tough 6-foot-3 point guard from Michigan, in Mack’s Class of 2014. The duo should give the Xavier program a building block in the back court for the foreseeable future.
At 6-foot-5, Macura is an aggressive scorer on the offensive end of the floor. He’s a good shooter out to the three-point line, he understands how to move without the ball and he’s the kind of scorer with the confidence that he will hit any shot he takes. That gets him into some trouble with his shot selection, however, and he also could stand to improve his handle and his on-ball defense.
But those are parts of his game that can be worked on over the years, and the combination of Sumner and Macura should make Xavier fans quite happy.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 1
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)