Sep 10, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Macura, who hails from Minnesota, joins Edmund Sumner, a tough 6-foot-3 point guard from Michigan, in Mack’s Class of 2014. The duo should give the Xavier program a building block in the back court for the foreseeable future.
At 6-foot-5, Macura is an aggressive scorer on the offensive end of the floor. He’s a good shooter out to the three-point line, he understands how to move without the ball and he’s the kind of scorer with the confidence that he will hit any shot he takes. That gets him into some trouble with his shot selection, however, and he also could stand to improve his handle and his on-ball defense.
But those are parts of his game that can be worked on over the years, and the combination of Sumner and Macura should make Xavier fans quite happy.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 3
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)