Sep 10, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Macura, who hails from Minnesota, joins Edmund Sumner, a tough 6-foot-3 point guard from Michigan, in Mack’s Class of 2014. The duo should give the Xavier program a building block in the back court for the foreseeable future.
At 6-foot-5, Macura is an aggressive scorer on the offensive end of the floor. He’s a good shooter out to the three-point line, he understands how to move without the ball and he’s the kind of scorer with the confidence that he will hit any shot he takes. That gets him into some trouble with his shot selection, however, and he also could stand to improve his handle and his on-ball defense.
But those are parts of his game that can be worked on over the years, and the combination of Sumner and Macura should make Xavier fans quite happy.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)