Sep 10, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Macura, who hails from Minnesota, joins Edmund Sumner, a tough 6-foot-3 point guard from Michigan, in Mack’s Class of 2014. The duo should give the Xavier program a building block in the back court for the foreseeable future.
At 6-foot-5, Macura is an aggressive scorer on the offensive end of the floor. He’s a good shooter out to the three-point line, he understands how to move without the ball and he’s the kind of scorer with the confidence that he will hit any shot he takes. That gets him into some trouble with his shot selection, however, and he also could stand to improve his handle and his on-ball defense.
But those are parts of his game that can be worked on over the years, and the combination of Sumner and Macura should make Xavier fans quite happy.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)