Sep 11, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
There’s only so much that you can take out of a mixtape, regardless of how good the player looks.
In this case, Jabari Parker is playing in a summer league where defense is, shall we say, lacking and he’s probably the best player on the floor by a good margin every time he steps on the court.
That said, there is reason for Duke fans to be a bit excited here. I saw Parker in late-June at the Kevin Durant Skills Academy, and while he played well, the big fella looked like he might have been a bit too big. He looks slimmer here.
Oh, and he’s throwing down between-the-legs dunks.
So even if Parker is a bit heavy at this point, it doesn’t exactly look like it’s affecting his explosiveness.
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 1
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)