Sep 11, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
There’s only so much that you can take out of a mixtape, regardless of how good the player looks.
In this case, Jabari Parker is playing in a summer league where defense is, shall we say, lacking and he’s probably the best player on the floor by a good margin every time he steps on the court.
That said, there is reason for Duke fans to be a bit excited here. I saw Parker in late-June at the Kevin Durant Skills Academy, and while he played well, the big fella looked like he might have been a bit too big. He looks slimmer here.
Oh, and he’s throwing down between-the-legs dunks.
So even if Parker is a bit heavy at this point, it doesn’t exactly look like it’s affecting his explosiveness.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)