Sep 11, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
There’s only so much that you can take out of a mixtape, regardless of how good the player looks.
In this case, Jabari Parker is playing in a summer league where defense is, shall we say, lacking and he’s probably the best player on the floor by a good margin every time he steps on the court.
That said, there is reason for Duke fans to be a bit excited here. I saw Parker in late-June at the Kevin Durant Skills Academy, and while he played well, the big fella looked like he might have been a bit too big. He looks slimmer here.
Oh, and he’s throwing down between-the-legs dunks.
So even if Parker is a bit heavy at this point, it doesn’t exactly look like it’s affecting his explosiveness.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Key assistant coaching hires 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)