Sep 11, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
There’s only so much that you can take out of a mixtape, regardless of how good the player looks.
In this case, Jabari Parker is playing in a summer league where defense is, shall we say, lacking and he’s probably the best player on the floor by a good margin every time he steps on the court.
That said, there is reason for Duke fans to be a bit excited here. I saw Parker in late-June at the Kevin Durant Skills Academy, and while he played well, the big fella looked like he might have been a bit too big. He looks slimmer here.
Oh, and he’s throwing down between-the-legs dunks.
So even if Parker is a bit heavy at this point, it doesn’t exactly look like it’s affecting his explosiveness.
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)