Sep 11, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
There’s only so much that you can take out of a mixtape, regardless of how good the player looks.
In this case, Jabari Parker is playing in a summer league where defense is, shall we say, lacking and he’s probably the best player on the floor by a good margin every time he steps on the court.
That said, there is reason for Duke fans to be a bit excited here. I saw Parker in late-June at the Kevin Durant Skills Academy, and while he played well, the big fella looked like he might have been a bit too big. He looks slimmer here.
Oh, and he’s throwing down between-the-legs dunks.
So even if Parker is a bit heavy at this point, it doesn’t exactly look like it’s affecting his explosiveness.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)