Sep 11, 2013, 9:58 AM EST
Bob Huggins landed his second commitment in the Class of 2014, as point guard Jevon Carter committed to the Mountaineers late on Tuesday evening.
Carter is a 6-foot-2 point guard out of Chicago’s Proviso East HS and was rated a three-star recruit by Rivals.
“I just feel like this is the best fit for me,” Carter told the Charleston Daily Mail. “They blew me away with the visit.”
“I really liked the way I bonded with the players so quickly and so easily. It felt like we already knew each other.”
West Virginia doesn’t have any seniors on their roster, which means it may take a few years for Carter to crack the starting lineup. But with a back court that only goes four-deep, it was good for Huggs to bring in some more depth.
Carter joins Daxter Miles in Huggins’ 2014 class.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)