Sep 11, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
Bob Huggins landed his second commitment in the Class of 2014, as point guard Jevon Carter committed to the Mountaineers late on Tuesday evening.
Carter is a 6-foot-2 point guard out of Chicago’s Proviso East HS and was rated a three-star recruit by Rivals.
“I just feel like this is the best fit for me,” Carter told the Charleston Daily Mail. “They blew me away with the visit.”
“I really liked the way I bonded with the players so quickly and so easily. It felt like we already knew each other.”
West Virginia doesn’t have any seniors on their roster, which means it may take a few years for Carter to crack the starting lineup. But with a back court that only goes four-deep, it was good for Huggs to bring in some more depth.
Carter joins Daxter Miles in Huggins’ 2014 class.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)