Sep 11, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT
Designing new basketball courts has become all the rage in college hoops this offseason, and Rhode Island apparently doesn’t want to be left out of the cool kid’s table.
On Tuesday, Rhody announced a redesigned court at the Thomas M. Ryan Center with the new name The Alex and Ani Court.
“We could not be more thrilled to unveil The Alex and Ani Court at the Thomas M. Ryan Center,” said athletic director Thorr Bjorn. “To have a Rhode Island-based, Inc. 500 company as highly respected as Alex and Ani buy into the naming rights of our new basketball court speaks volumes to the direction and excitement that is surrounding our program. The installation of this state-of-the-art court is yet another necessary step toward building a championship-caliber basketball program at the University of Rhode Island.”
By my count, 15 schools have now revealed new courts this summer. I blame Oregon for this:
Whose is the best?
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)