Sep 12, 2013, 10:06 AM EST
Wichita State freshman D.J. Bowles is currently at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota receiving more tests, according to a report from Kansas.com.
Doctors are still not quite sure why Bowles collapsed, however, which is why he’s is in Minnesota.
Bowles is a 6-foot-2 freshman from Tennessee. He played his final season of high school ball in Florida.
For Shocker head coach Gregg Marshall, Bowles’ collapse brought back painful memories of the day six years ago when he watched a recruit die on the court.
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Teams 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Why is Kentucky’s attendance going down? UK writer says Rupp is ‘stale’ (3)
- Late Night Snacks: Rhode Island rivalry and VCU’s overtime (2)
- Wisconsin guard George Marshall seeking transfer (2)