Sep 12, 2013, 10:06 AM EST
Wichita State freshman D.J. Bowles is currently at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota receiving more tests, according to a report from Kansas.com.
Doctors are still not quite sure why Bowles collapsed, however, which is why he’s is in Minnesota.
Bowles is a 6-foot-2 freshman from Tennessee. He played his final season of high school ball in Florida.
For Shocker head coach Gregg Marshall, Bowles’ collapse brought back painful memories of the day six years ago when he watched a recruit die on the court.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)