Sep 14, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Tattoos have recently been a big deal in college sports. You can get your football team in trouble for getting free ones, you can forget to spell-check, or you can – as Rick Pitino did this year – celebrate a national title with one.
One thing that is always a bit dicey when getting ink is the portrait. It takes a quality artist to etch a recognizable likeness on skin, and it can go terribly awry.
I wouldn’t exactly say that a Louisville fan’s recent tattoo went awry, but it’s definitely not what I’d call a definitive image of the intended subject.
Drew Franklin of Kentucky Sports Radio posted this image on Twitter, showing a UL fan’s tribute to the newly-minted Hall of Fame coach of the Cards:
If you’re going to get a Rick Pitino tattoo, it only makes sense to get it going down your leg. pic.twitter.com/4hoNLXyrR4
— Drew Franklin (@DrewFranklinKSR) September 12, 2013
Now, I already tipped my hand in the title of this post, but I don’t think this looks like Pitino. Look at that photo and see if any of these phrases spring to mind:
“I need more cowbell!”
“I like to starve myself, it keeps the fear up”
“I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my…”
Or, if you’re not really a movie fan, just look at this:
Am I wrong?
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)