Sep 14, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
It was hard to follow college basketball this summer, and not hear about Prime Prep Academy (Texas) point guard Emmanuel Mudiay.
On Aug. 24, at the Under Armour Elite 24 in Brooklyn, the 6-foot-5, five-star recruit did the unthinkable and picked Larry Brown and SMU, rather than follow a long line of successful one-and-done point guards under John Calipari.
Mudiay is the biggest commit in SMU basketball history, and will make the Mustangs a legitimate threat in the American in the 2014-2015 season, Mudiay had a monster summer, ending with co-MVP honors at the Elite 24, and moving up the rankings to No. 2 overall in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals, behind only Whitney Young (Ill.) center Jahlil Okafor.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)