Sep 14, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
It was hard to follow college basketball this summer, and not hear about Prime Prep Academy (Texas) point guard Emmanuel Mudiay.
On Aug. 24, at the Under Armour Elite 24 in Brooklyn, the 6-foot-5, five-star recruit did the unthinkable and picked Larry Brown and SMU, rather than follow a long line of successful one-and-done point guards under John Calipari.
Mudiay is the biggest commit in SMU basketball history, and will make the Mustangs a legitimate threat in the American in the 2014-2015 season, Mudiay had a monster summer, ending with co-MVP honors at the Elite 24, and moving up the rankings to No. 2 overall in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals, behind only Whitney Young (Ill.) center Jahlil Okafor.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Ron Baker was the best college player for Team USA at Pan-Am Games (2)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)