Sep 14, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
It was hard to follow college basketball this summer, and not hear about Prime Prep Academy (Texas) point guard Emmanuel Mudiay.
On Aug. 24, at the Under Armour Elite 24 in Brooklyn, the 6-foot-5, five-star recruit did the unthinkable and picked Larry Brown and SMU, rather than follow a long line of successful one-and-done point guards under John Calipari.
Mudiay is the biggest commit in SMU basketball history, and will make the Mustangs a legitimate threat in the American in the 2014-2015 season, Mudiay had a monster summer, ending with co-MVP honors at the Elite 24, and moving up the rankings to No. 2 overall in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals, behind only Whitney Young (Ill.) center Jahlil Okafor.
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (8)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (6)