Sep 14, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
It was hard to follow college basketball this summer, and not hear about Prime Prep Academy (Texas) point guard Emmanuel Mudiay.
On Aug. 24, at the Under Armour Elite 24 in Brooklyn, the 6-foot-5, five-star recruit did the unthinkable and picked Larry Brown and SMU, rather than follow a long line of successful one-and-done point guards under John Calipari.
Mudiay is the biggest commit in SMU basketball history, and will make the Mustangs a legitimate threat in the American in the 2014-2015 season, Mudiay had a monster summer, ending with co-MVP honors at the Elite 24, and moving up the rankings to No. 2 overall in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals, behind only Whitney Young (Ill.) center Jahlil Okafor.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)