Sep 14, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
It was hard to follow college basketball this summer, and not hear about Prime Prep Academy (Texas) point guard Emmanuel Mudiay.
On Aug. 24, at the Under Armour Elite 24 in Brooklyn, the 6-foot-5, five-star recruit did the unthinkable and picked Larry Brown and SMU, rather than follow a long line of successful one-and-done point guards under John Calipari.
Mudiay is the biggest commit in SMU basketball history, and will make the Mustangs a legitimate threat in the American in the 2014-2015 season, Mudiay had a monster summer, ending with co-MVP honors at the Elite 24, and moving up the rankings to No. 2 overall in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals, behind only Whitney Young (Ill.) center Jahlil Okafor.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)