Sep 15, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT
After landing their first verbal commitment in the 2014 class last weekend (shooting guard Chandler Hutchison), Boise State landed a second verbal commitment as 6-9 forward/center David Wacker announced his decision on Sunday. The news was first reported by Robin Washut of Rivals.com.
Wacker, a native of Converse, Texas, attends Judson High School where plays for his father Mike, who played at the University of Texas before a knee injury derailed his hopes of playing professionally. The younger Wacker made his official visit to Boise State last weekend, and his reported commitment comes less than a week before his originally scheduled visit to Western Kentucky. WKU head coach Ray Harper and the elder Wacker were college teammates at Texas.
Judson finished the 2012-13 season with a 29-8 record, reaching the third round of the Class 5A Texas state basketball tournament. David Wacker averaged 11.7 points, 9.8 rebounds and 2.7 blocked shots per game in his junior campaign. In 2014 Wacker will join a Boise State program that loses just one front court contributor in Ryan Watkins, who averaged 8.4 points and a team-best 6.8 rebounds per game in 2012-13.
Boise State added two front court prospects this offseason in junior college transfer James Webb III (sophomore) and freshman Nick Duncan. The Broncos also add redshirt freshman Joey Nebeker, who was Idaho’s Gatorade Player of the Year in 2012 after posting averages of 22.8 points and 9.9 rebounds per game as a high school senior. Even with the eventual loss of Watkins head coach Leon Rice will have options in the front court, and Wacker’s commitment gives him one more option from which to choose when 2014 rolls around.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 4
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (4)