Sep 15, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Cliff Alexander, the #2 rated recruit in ESPN’s Top 100 rankings for the class of 2014, tweeted out earlier this afternoon that he plans to play his college basketball with JaQuan Lyle, the #22 recruit, according to ESPN.
These “package deals” seem to be all the rage this offseason, along with schools unveiling courts with crazy designs, of course.
Prior to even delving into what this would mean for a school to land both of these recruits, one must bear this in mind: Cliff Alexander, along with every other recruit in the class of 2014, is a teenager who has a Twitter account with thousands of followers. It is very easy to spend just a few seconds tweeting out a message to the world, without completely understand the weight it has behind it.
That being said, if Alexander and Lyle were to attend the same college, that is a potential program-changing duo of recruits. Below are Alexander’s tweets:
@JMamba5 is Jaquan Lyle’s twitter handle, while @humblekid11 is Cliff Alexander.
Over the weekend, Alexander was on an official visit to Arizona, while Lyle announced he was decommitting from Louisville.
As you’ll see per the first tweet, Kansas seems to be at the forefront of Lyle’s mind. Does that mean the same for Alexander? Alexander is slated to visit Kansas on October 4th.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)