Sep 15, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
In late May, Drew Wilson transferred from Missouri State to Oral Roberts in order to be closer to his family following the death of his sister.
It was expected, at first, that Wilson would be ruled eligible to play in the 2013-14 season, but his initial request for immediate eligibility was denied. However, his case received another look, and this time the result was more favorable as the NCAA granted him eligibility. “I was very happy that the NCAA granted him his request,” ORU coach Scott Sutton told Jimmie Tramel of Tulsa World.
Wilson, who spent two years at Missouri state, will have three years of eligibility remaining to play for Oral Roberts as he redshirted in his first year at Missouri State.
Upon his decision to transfer closer to home, Oral Roberts head coach Scott Sutton said: “We are excited about Drew joining our program. He is a tremendous athlete and great person. He will be a great asset to our team.”
A 6-foot-7 forward, Wilson averaged 2.5 points and 3.4 rebounds per game, and was one of two freshmen in the Missouri Valley Conference to have more than 100 rebounds as a freshman.
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 0
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)