Sep 15, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
In late May, Drew Wilson transferred from Missouri State to Oral Roberts in order to be closer to his family following the death of his sister.
It was expected, at first, that Wilson would be ruled eligible to play in the 2013-14 season, but his initial request for immediate eligibility was denied. However, his case received another look, and this time the result was more favorable as the NCAA granted him eligibility. “I was very happy that the NCAA granted him his request,” ORU coach Scott Sutton told Jimmie Tramel of Tulsa World.
Wilson, who spent two years at Missouri state, will have three years of eligibility remaining to play for Oral Roberts as he redshirted in his first year at Missouri State.
Upon his decision to transfer closer to home, Oral Roberts head coach Scott Sutton said: “We are excited about Drew joining our program. He is a tremendous athlete and great person. He will be a great asset to our team.”
A 6-foot-7 forward, Wilson averaged 2.5 points and 3.4 rebounds per game, and was one of two freshmen in the Missouri Valley Conference to have more than 100 rebounds as a freshman.
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 1
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)