Sep 16, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Kevin Ware suffered the leg injury that everyone will remember in 2013, fracturing his right leg in gruesome fashion during Louisville’s Elite Eight win over Duke on March 31st.
The Cardinals 6’4″ junior guard had surgery to add a rod to his right tibia and it looked like Ware would be out for a very long time after making an impact for most of Louisville’s season off the bench.
But now we have video from Louisville junior guard Chris Jones showing Ware dunking and senior guard Russ Smith also throwing down a dunk during workouts.
We’re still unsure if Ware is back to game speed or ready to contribute to the defending champs, but it’s a positive sign that he’s already got some of his springs back.
(h/t: The Cardinal Connect)
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)