Sep 16, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Kevin Ware suffered the leg injury that everyone will remember in 2013, fracturing his right leg in gruesome fashion during Louisville’s Elite Eight win over Duke on March 31st.
The Cardinals 6’4″ junior guard had surgery to add a rod to his right tibia and it looked like Ware would be out for a very long time after making an impact for most of Louisville’s season off the bench.
But now we have video from Louisville junior guard Chris Jones showing Ware dunking and senior guard Russ Smith also throwing down a dunk during workouts.
We’re still unsure if Ware is back to game speed or ready to contribute to the defending champs, but it’s a positive sign that he’s already got some of his springs back.
(h/t: The Cardinal Connect)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 5
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)