Sep 16, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
Kevin Ware suffered the leg injury that everyone will remember in 2013, fracturing his right leg in gruesome fashion during Louisville’s Elite Eight win over Duke on March 31st.
The Cardinals 6-foot-4 junior guard had surgery to add a rod to his right tibia and it looked like Ware would be out for a very long time after making an impact for most of Louisville’s season off the bench.
But now we have video from Louisville junior guard Chris Jones showing Ware dunking and senior guard Russ Smith also throwing down a dunk during workouts.
We’re still unsure if Ware is back to game speed or ready to contribute to the defending champs, but it’s a positive sign that he’s already got some of his springs back.
(h/t: The Cardinal Connect)
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 0
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)