Sep 16, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Kevin Ware suffered the leg injury that everyone will remember in 2013, fracturing his right leg in gruesome fashion during Louisville’s Elite Eight win over Duke on March 31st.
The Cardinals 6’4″ junior guard had surgery to add a rod to his right tibia and it looked like Ware would be out for a very long time after making an impact for most of Louisville’s season off the bench.
But now we have video from Louisville junior guard Chris Jones showing Ware dunking and senior guard Russ Smith also throwing down a dunk during workouts.
We’re still unsure if Ware is back to game speed or ready to contribute to the defending champs, but it’s a positive sign that he’s already got some of his springs back.
(h/t: The Cardinal Connect)
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)