Sep 16, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
Over Labor Day weekend, a woman named Hannah Telman was planning on hosting a fundraiser for her friend Amy Louthan who needed surgery to remove a brain tumor.
To host a fundraising run in Wrightsville Beach, NC.
That just so happened to take place in the same neighborhood where UNC head coach Roy Williams vacations. While Telman, who is training for a marathon in October, was out on a run the day before the event, she happened to run into Williams. She told him about the event, invited him to come along, and despite not exchanging phone numbers or email addresses, Williams showed up bright and early the next morning to take part.
The fundraiser, between the run and a luncheon, ended up raising more than $28,000.
The Star News has the story here.
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 0
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)