Sep 16, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
Over Labor Day weekend, a woman named Hannah Telman was planning on hosting a fundraiser for her friend Amy Louthan who needed surgery to remove a brain tumor.
To host a fundraising run in Wrightsville Beach, NC.
That just so happened to take place in the same neighborhood where UNC head coach Roy Williams vacations. While Telman, who is training for a marathon in October, was out on a run the day before the event, she happened to run into Williams. She told him about the event, invited him to come along, and despite not exchanging phone numbers or email addresses, Williams showed up bright and early the next morning to take part.
The fundraiser, between the run and a luncheon, ended up raising more than $28,000.
The Star News has the story here.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)