Sep 16, 2013, 2:39 PM EST
Over Labor Day weekend, a woman named Hannah Telman was planning on hosting a fundraiser for her friend Amy Louthan who needed surgery to remove a brain tumor.
To host a fundraising run in Wrightsville Beach, NC.
That just so happened to take place in the same neighborhood where UNC head coach Roy Williams vacations. While Telman, who is training for a marathon in October, was out on a run the day before the event, she happened to run into Williams. She told him about the event, invited him to come along, and despite not exchanging phone numbers or email addresses, Williams showed up bright and early the next morning to take part.
The fundraiser, between the run and a luncheon, ended up raising more than $28,000.
The Star News has the story here.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 1
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)