Sep 16, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
Over Labor Day weekend, a woman named Hannah Telman was planning on hosting a fundraiser for her friend Amy Louthan who needed surgery to remove a brain tumor.
To host a fundraising run in Wrightsville Beach, NC.
That just so happened to take place in the same neighborhood where UNC head coach Roy Williams vacations. While Telman, who is training for a marathon in October, was out on a run the day before the event, she happened to run into Williams. She told him about the event, invited him to come along, and despite not exchanging phone numbers or email addresses, Williams showed up bright and early the next morning to take part.
The fundraiser, between the run and a luncheon, ended up raising more than $28,000.
The Star News has the story here.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)