Sep 16, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
Over Labor Day weekend, a woman named Hannah Telman was planning on hosting a fundraiser for her friend Amy Louthan who needed surgery to remove a brain tumor.
To host a fundraising run in Wrightsville Beach, NC.
That just so happened to take place in the same neighborhood where UNC head coach Roy Williams vacations. While Telman, who is training for a marathon in October, was out on a run the day before the event, she happened to run into Williams. She told him about the event, invited him to come along, and despite not exchanging phone numbers or email addresses, Williams showed up bright and early the next morning to take part.
The fundraiser, between the run and a luncheon, ended up raising more than $28,000.
The Star News has the story here.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)