Sep 16, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
Clark Kellogg’s five-year run as CBS’ lead college basketball analyst appears to be over.
According to a report from SI.com’s Richard Deitscsh, Greg Anthony will be taking over as the network’s lead-game analyst, teaming with Jim Nantz in the role previously held by Kellogg and Billy Packer before him.
Kellogg will be headed back to the studio, chipping in with 10-12 games during the year, according to Deitsch.
“Greg and Clark are two of the most respected, knowledgeable and passionate voices in college basketball,” CBSSports chairman Sean McManus said in a statement. “They are both excellent game and studio analysts. It’s a luxury to have them both on our team. We believe this shuffling of our line-up allows both Greg and Clark to play more to their individual strengths, enhancing our overall coverage.”
Kellogg worked as a studio analyst for many years before taking over for Packer in calling the Final Four. Anthony has been with the network since 2008, working mainly as a studio analyst while picking up some work as an in-game analyst during the year.
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)