Sep 16, 2013, 8:40 PM EST
The VCU Rams landed a big commitment on Monday night as 6’8″ forward Terry Larrier verballed to the Atlantic 10 program.
The news was first reported by Scout.com’s Evan Daniels and Larrier told Daniels that his relationship with Rams head coach Shaka Smart was a big reason why he chose the rams.
Just got off the phone with Terry Larrier. Why VCU? "My relationship with Shaka Smart."
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDanielsFOX) September 17, 2013
Larrier played well in the Nike EYBL with Team SCAN and is regarded as Rivals’ No. 39 overall prospect in the 2014 national rankings. The native of the Bronx in New York attends Phelps School and joins VCU’s 2014 class that includes Michigan-native and forward Justin Tillman and New Jersey-native and point guard Jonathan Williams.
The commitment of Larrier gives the Rams two 6-foot-8 forwards in Larrier and Tillman who move well and love to give maximum effort on the defensive end. They should both fit Shaka Smart’s system well and could be vital recruits down the road.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)