Sep 16, 2013, 8:40 PM EST
The VCU Rams landed a big commitment on Monday night as 6’8″ forward Terry Larrier verballed to the Atlantic 10 program.
The news was first reported by Scout.com’s Evan Daniels and Larrier told Daniels that his relationship with Rams head coach Shaka Smart was a big reason why he chose the rams.
Just got off the phone with Terry Larrier. Why VCU? "My relationship with Shaka Smart."
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDanielsFOX) September 17, 2013
Larrier played well in the Nike EYBL with Team SCAN and is regarded as Rivals’ No. 39 overall prospect in the 2014 national rankings. The native of the Bronx in New York attends Phelps School and joins VCU’s 2014 class that includes Michigan-native and forward Justin Tillman and New Jersey-native and point guard Jonathan Williams.
The commitment of Larrier gives the Rams two 6-foot-8 forwards in Larrier and Tillman who move well and love to give maximum effort on the defensive end. They should both fit Shaka Smart’s system well and could be vital recruits down the road.
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 0
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)