Sep 16, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
The VCU Rams landed a big commitment on Monday night as 6’8″ forward Terry Larrier verballed to the Atlantic 10 program.
The news was first reported by Scout.com’s Evan Daniels and Larrier told Daniels that his relationship with Rams head coach Shaka Smart was a big reason why he chose the rams.
Just got off the phone with Terry Larrier. Why VCU? "My relationship with Shaka Smart."
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDanielsFOX) September 17, 2013
Larrier played well in the Nike EYBL with Team SCAN and is regarded as Rivals’ No. 39 overall prospect in the 2014 national rankings. The native of the Bronx in New York attends Phelps School and joins VCU’s 2014 class that includes Michigan-native and forward Justin Tillman and New Jersey-native and point guard Jonathan Williams.
The commitment of Larrier gives the Rams two 6-foot-8 forwards in Larrier and Tillman who move well and love to give maximum effort on the defensive end. They should both fit Shaka Smart’s system well and could be vital recruits down the road.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)