Sep 16, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT
The VCU Rams landed a big commitment on Monday night as 6’8″ forward Terry Larrier verballed to the Atlantic 10 program.
The news was first reported by Scout.com’s Evan Daniels and Larrier told Daniels that his relationship with Rams head coach Shaka Smart was a big reason why he chose the rams.
Just got off the phone with Terry Larrier. Why VCU? "My relationship with Shaka Smart."
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDanielsFOX) September 17, 2013
Larrier played well in the Nike EYBL with Team SCAN and is regarded as Rivals’ No. 39 overall prospect in the 2014 national rankings. The native of the Bronx in New York attends Phelps School and joins VCU’s 2014 class that includes Michigan-native and forward Justin Tillman and New Jersey-native and point guard Jonathan Williams.
The commitment of Larrier gives the Rams two 6-foot-8 forwards in Larrier and Tillman who move well and love to give maximum effort on the defensive end. They should both fit Shaka Smart’s system well and could be vital recruits down the road.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)