Sep 16, 2013, 8:40 PM EST
The VCU Rams landed a big commitment on Monday night as 6’8″ forward Terry Larrier verballed to the Atlantic 10 program.
The news was first reported by Scout.com’s Evan Daniels and Larrier told Daniels that his relationship with Rams head coach Shaka Smart was a big reason why he chose the rams.
Just got off the phone with Terry Larrier. Why VCU? "My relationship with Shaka Smart."
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDanielsFOX) September 17, 2013
Larrier played well in the Nike EYBL with Team SCAN and is regarded as Rivals’ No. 39 overall prospect in the 2014 national rankings. The native of the Bronx in New York attends Phelps School and joins VCU’s 2014 class that includes Michigan-native and forward Justin Tillman and New Jersey-native and point guard Jonathan Williams.
The commitment of Larrier gives the Rams two 6-foot-8 forwards in Larrier and Tillman who move well and love to give maximum effort on the defensive end. They should both fit Shaka Smart’s system well and could be vital recruits down the road.
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 0
- Shabazz Napier hits game-winner, runs out of the arena (VIDEO) 0
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)