Sep 17, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
On Tuesday, Linden High (N.J.) big man Quadri Moore became Cincinnati’s second commit for its Class of 2014.
Earlier in the day, Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv reported that Moore had given his commitment to the Bearcats, though at that point the Cincy coaching staff had yet to hear from Moore. Just before 5 p.m., Jon Rothstein, CBS Sports Network College Basketball Insider tweeted that the coaching staff had received word from Moore. CBS Sports College Basketball Writer Jeff Borzello followed seconds later with the same information.
The 6-foot-9 Moore is ranked as the No. 103 overall player in the Class of 2014 by Rivals. He also held offers from Georgetown, Providence, Rutgers, Seton Hall and St. John’s. According to many, it came down to Cincinnati and Seton Hall. Jerry Carino of MyCentralJersey.com noted that a long relationship with Mick Cronin, and especially assistant coach Darren Savino — a Jersey native who played under Hall of Famer Bob Hurley, Sr. at St. Anthony High — played a big role.
This past season at Linden High, Moore averaged 14.6 points, 5.7 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game. He also connected on 19 3-pointers as a junior.
Moore joins Hutchinson Community College (Kan.) center Coreontae DeBerry in Cincy’s 2014 class.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)