Sep 17, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
On Tuesday, Linden High (N.J.) big man Quadri Moore became Cincinnati’s second commit for its Class of 2014.
Earlier in the day, Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv reported that Moore had given his commitment to the Bearcats, though at that point the Cincy coaching staff had yet to hear from Moore. Just before 5 p.m., Jon Rothstein, CBS Sports Network College Basketball Insider tweeted that the coaching staff had received word from Moore. CBS Sports College Basketball Writer Jeff Borzello followed seconds later with the same information.
The 6-foot-9 Moore is ranked as the No. 103 overall player in the Class of 2014 by Rivals. He also held offers from Georgetown, Providence, Rutgers, Seton Hall and St. John’s. According to many, it came down to Cincinnati and Seton Hall. Jerry Carino of MyCentralJersey.com noted that a long relationship with Mick Cronin, and especially assistant coach Darren Savino — a Jersey native who played under Hall of Famer Bob Hurley, Sr. at St. Anthony High — played a big role.
This past season at Linden High, Moore averaged 14.6 points, 5.7 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game. He also connected on 19 3-pointers as a junior.
Moore joins Hutchinson Community College (Kan.) center Coreontae DeBerry in Cincy’s 2014 class.
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)