Sep 17, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
On Tuesday, Linden High (N.J.) big man Quadri Moore became Cincinnati’s second commit for its Class of 2014.
Earlier in the day, Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv reported that Moore had given his commitment to the Bearcats, though at that point the Cincy coaching staff had yet to hear from Moore. Just before 5 p.m., Jon Rothstein, CBS Sports Network College Basketball Insider tweeted that the coaching staff had received word from Moore. CBS Sports College Basketball Writer Jeff Borzello followed seconds later with the same information.
The 6-foot-9 Moore is ranked as the No. 103 overall player in the Class of 2014 by Rivals. He also held offers from Georgetown, Providence, Rutgers, Seton Hall and St. John’s. According to many, it came down to Cincinnati and Seton Hall. Jerry Carino of MyCentralJersey.com noted that a long relationship with Mick Cronin, and especially assistant coach Darren Savino — a Jersey native who played under Hall of Famer Bob Hurley, Sr. at St. Anthony High — played a big role.
This past season at Linden High, Moore averaged 14.6 points, 5.7 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game. He also connected on 19 3-pointers as a junior.
Moore joins Hutchinson Community College (Kan.) center Coreontae DeBerry in Cincy’s 2014 class.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)