Sep 17, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
On Tuesday, Linden High (N.J.) big man Quadri Moore became Cincinnati’s second commit for its Class of 2014.
Earlier in the day, Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv reported that Moore had given his commitment to the Bearcats, though at that point the Cincy coaching staff had yet to hear from Moore. Just before 5 p.m., Jon Rothstein, CBS Sports Network College Basketball Insider tweeted that the coaching staff had received word from Moore. CBS Sports College Basketball Writer Jeff Borzello followed seconds later with the same information.
The 6-foot-9 Moore is ranked as the No. 103 overall player in the Class of 2014 by Rivals. He also held offers from Georgetown, Providence, Rutgers, Seton Hall and St. John’s. According to many, it came down to Cincinnati and Seton Hall. Jerry Carino of MyCentralJersey.com noted that a long relationship with Mick Cronin, and especially assistant coach Darren Savino — a Jersey native who played under Hall of Famer Bob Hurley, Sr. at St. Anthony High — played a big role.
This past season at Linden High, Moore averaged 14.6 points, 5.7 rebounds and 1.1 blocks per game. He also connected on 19 3-pointers as a junior.
Moore joins Hutchinson Community College (Kan.) center Coreontae DeBerry in Cincy’s 2014 class.
- Texas hangs on to beat No. 14 North Carolina in Chapel Hill 1
- The Chase for 180: Nic Moore’s hot start 0
- Leslie McDonald has been cleared, while reports say P.J. Hairston unlikely to play this season 6
- Memphis loss shouldn’t feed narrative about Josh Pastner, big games 0
- Casey Prather’s star turn a boon for Florida 1
- Report: Former North Carolina guard Will Graves arrested on drug charges at home owned by head coach Roy Williams (20)
- Kentucky is a flawed team, but does that mean they can’t contend? (12)
- WATCH: Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson unloads in press conference (8)
- Leslie McDonald has been cleared, while reports say P.J. Hairston unlikely to play this season (6)
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate (5)