Sep 17, 2013, 4:35 PM EDT
St. John’s is no longer under the Nike brand. This year the Johnnies will sport new Under Armour jerseys.
On Tuesday, head coach Steve Lavin gave his more than 10,000 Twitter followers a look at all four of St. John’s jerseys for this season. The Red Storm will wear two sets of home and away jerseys — one for Big East play and another one for non-conference games.
The first jerseys we’ll see this season, will included the New York skyle faded into the bottom of the shorts and behind the numbers on the jerseys.
The Big East uniforms will be a throwback to St. John’s glory days. The uniforms will have similar font and numbering to the successful days of the 1980s. In Lavin’s tweet, showing these throwback jerseys, he hashtaged the last name of several famous members of those St. John’s teams — Lou Carnesecca, Chris Mullin, Mark Jackson and Walter Berry.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)