Sep 17, 2013, 4:35 PM EDT
St. John’s is no longer under the Nike brand. This year the Johnnies will sport new Under Armour jerseys.
On Tuesday, head coach Steve Lavin gave his more than 10,000 Twitter followers a look at all four of St. John’s jerseys for this season. The Red Storm will wear two sets of home and away jerseys — one for Big East play and another one for non-conference games.
The first jerseys we’ll see this season, will included the New York skyle faded into the bottom of the shorts and behind the numbers on the jerseys.
The Big East uniforms will be a throwback to St. John’s glory days. The uniforms will have similar font and numbering to the successful days of the 1980s. In Lavin’s tweet, showing these throwback jerseys, he hashtaged the last name of several famous members of those St. John’s teams — Lou Carnesecca, Chris Mullin, Mark Jackson and Walter Berry.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)