Sep 17, 2013, 4:35 PM EDT
St. John’s is no longer under the Nike brand. This year the Johnnies will sport new Under Armour jerseys.
On Tuesday, head coach Steve Lavin gave his more than 10,000 Twitter followers a look at all four of St. John’s jerseys for this season. The Red Storm will wear two sets of home and away jerseys — one for Big East play and another one for non-conference games.
The first jerseys we’ll see this season, will included the New York skyle faded into the bottom of the shorts and behind the numbers on the jerseys.
The Big East uniforms will be a throwback to St. John’s glory days. The uniforms will have similar font and numbering to the successful days of the 1980s. In Lavin’s tweet, showing these throwback jerseys, he hashtaged the last name of several famous members of those St. John’s teams — Lou Carnesecca, Chris Mullin, Mark Jackson and Walter Berry.
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)