Sep 17, 2013, 4:35 PM EST
St. John’s is no longer under the Nike brand. This year the Johnnies will sport new Under Armour jerseys.
On Tuesday, head coach Steve Lavin gave his more than 10,000 Twitter followers a look at all four of St. John’s jerseys for this season. The Red Storm will wear two sets of home and away jerseys — one for Big East play and another one for non-conference games.
The first jerseys we’ll see this season, will included the New York skyle faded into the bottom of the shorts and behind the numbers on the jerseys.
The Big East uniforms will be a throwback to St. John’s glory days. The uniforms will have similar font and numbering to the successful days of the 1980s. In Lavin’s tweet, showing these throwback jerseys, he hashtaged the last name of several famous members of those St. John’s teams — Lou Carnesecca, Chris Mullin, Mark Jackson and Walter Berry.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 0
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)