Sep 17, 2013, 4:35 PM EST
St. John’s is no longer under the Nike brand. This year the Johnnies will sport new Under Armour jerseys.
On Tuesday, head coach Steve Lavin gave his more than 10,000 Twitter followers a look at all four of St. John’s jerseys for this season. The Red Storm will wear two sets of home and away jerseys — one for Big East play and another one for non-conference games.
The first jerseys we’ll see this season, will included the New York skyle faded into the bottom of the shorts and behind the numbers on the jerseys.
The Big East uniforms will be a throwback to St. John’s glory days. The uniforms will have similar font and numbering to the successful days of the 1980s. In Lavin’s tweet, showing these throwback jerseys, he hashtaged the last name of several famous members of those St. John’s teams — Lou Carnesecca, Chris Mullin, Mark Jackson and Walter Berry.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)