Sep 17, 2013, 9:27 AM EST
Princeton has made another fine addition to their 2014 recruiting class, as head coach Mitch Henderson earned himself a commitment from Alec Brennan on Monday night.
Brennan is a 6-foot-9 four-man out of Milton Academy in Massachussetts that played his AAU ball with Expressions Elite, the same program that’s sending Abdul Malik-Abu to NC State and Jared Terrell to Oklahoma State.
Brennan held offers from most of the Ivys and the Patriot League schools, but he was considered by many to be a high-major prospect. Rivals listed him as a three-star prospect, while programs like Kansas State, Iowa State, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest and Northwestern had reportedly offered him a scholarship as well.
What makes Brennan’s commitment all the more interesting is that Princeton already has a commitment on the books from another three-star prospect is 6-foot-4 point guard Amir Bell. At this point, Harvard is clearly the class of the Ivy League given the amount of talent that they have amassed over the last three or years. But both Bell and Brennan are talented enough to push for an Ivy League Player of the Year award before their time as a Tiger is done, and that should make for some entertaining league races in the coming years.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)