Sep 17, 2013, 9:27 AM EDT
Princeton has made another fine addition to their 2014 recruiting class, as head coach Mitch Henderson earned himself a commitment from Alec Brennan on Monday night.
Brennan is a 6-foot-9 four-man out of Milton Academy in Massachussetts that played his AAU ball with Expressions Elite, the same program that’s sending Abdul Malik-Abu to NC State and Jared Terrell to Oklahoma State.
Brennan held offers from most of the Ivys and the Patriot League schools, but he was considered by many to be a high-major prospect. Rivals listed him as a three-star prospect, while programs like Kansas State, Iowa State, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest and Northwestern had reportedly offered him a scholarship as well.
What makes Brennan’s commitment all the more interesting is that Princeton already has a commitment on the books from another three-star prospect is 6-foot-4 point guard Amir Bell. At this point, Harvard is clearly the class of the Ivy League given the amount of talent that they have amassed over the last three or years. But both Bell and Brennan are talented enough to push for an Ivy League Player of the Year award before their time as a Tiger is done, and that should make for some entertaining league races in the coming years.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)