Sep 17, 2013, 9:27 AM EDT
Princeton has made another fine addition to their 2014 recruiting class, as head coach Mitch Henderson earned himself a commitment from Alec Brennan on Monday night.
Brennan is a 6-foot-9 four-man out of Milton Academy in Massachussetts that played his AAU ball with Expressions Elite, the same program that’s sending Abdul Malik-Abu to NC State and Jared Terrell to Oklahoma State.
Brennan held offers from most of the Ivys and the Patriot League schools, but he was considered by many to be a high-major prospect. Rivals listed him as a three-star prospect, while programs like Kansas State, Iowa State, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest and Northwestern had reportedly offered him a scholarship as well.
What makes Brennan’s commitment all the more interesting is that Princeton already has a commitment on the books from another three-star prospect is 6-foot-4 point guard Amir Bell. At this point, Harvard is clearly the class of the Ivy League given the amount of talent that they have amassed over the last three or years. But both Bell and Brennan are talented enough to push for an Ivy League Player of the Year award before their time as a Tiger is done, and that should make for some entertaining league races in the coming years.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)