Sep 17, 2013, 12:55 PM EST
Texas A&M made some noise on the recruiting trail on Tuesday afternoon, as Billy Kennedy landed a commitment from Alex Robinson.
Robinson is a 6-foot-1 lefty point guard that ranks 58th in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals. He’s Texas A&M’s first recruit in the class, and just finished an official visit to College Station over the weekend. I guess he wasn’t too concerned about the loss to Alabama.
Robinson’s commitment is important for a couple of reasons. For starters, outside of Tyus Jones (who has been written off as a future Duke commit by just about everyone) and JaQuan Lyle (who just decommitted from Louisville), Robinson was the highest-rated point guard left in the country. With a relatively weak crop of point guards in the Class of 2015, he had become even more valuable.
A Texas native, Robinson was also one of A&M’s priority targets, and they landed him. That’s significant because Robinson, on Tuesday, became the first top 100 recruit to commit to the Aggies since Kennedy was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2011.
Robinson is a four-year player at the point. He’s a flashy passer, with some impressive athleticism and dexterity around the rim. It will be interesting to see how he continues to develop as a floor general, but the talent is definitely there.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)