Sep 17, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
Texas A&M made some noise on the recruiting trail on Tuesday afternoon, as Billy Kennedy landed a commitment from Alex Robinson.
Robinson is a 6-foot-1 lefty point guard that ranks 58th in the Class of 2014, according to Rivals. He’s Texas A&M’s first recruit in the class, and just finished an official visit to College Station over the weekend. I guess he wasn’t too concerned about the loss to Alabama.
Robinson’s commitment is important for a couple of reasons. For starters, outside of Tyus Jones (who has been written off as a future Duke commit by just about everyone) and JaQuan Lyle (who just decommitted from Louisville), Robinson was the highest-rated point guard left in the country. With a relatively weak crop of point guards in the Class of 2015, he had become even more valuable.
A Texas native, Robinson was also one of A&M’s priority targets, and they landed him. That’s significant because Robinson, on Tuesday, became the first top 100 recruit to commit to the Aggies since Kennedy was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2011.
Robinson is a four-year player at the point. He’s a flashy passer, with some impressive athleticism and dexterity around the rim. It will be interesting to see how he continues to develop as a floor general, but the talent is definitely there.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)