Sep 18, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Kansas small forward Andrew Wiggins will be the focal point of this year’s college basketball season. When Wiggins committed to Kansas in May, he took a team slated to be in the middle of the preseason top-25 to an instant title contender. He also been projected as the top pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.
Even before he had made a college choice, he had the attention of basketball junkies everywhere, just ask Grant Traylor of the Herald-Dispatch, who saw his Twitter followers rise to the tens of thousands eager to see which of the four schools he’d pick.
With less than two months before his first collegiate game, OnPoint Basketball put together a five-minute video, documenting the rise in the world’s biggest basketball prospect. The video recaps his playing days as a kid at the Dufferin Clark Community Centre in Toronto, sitting on the bench — along with New Mexico State center Tanveer Bhullar — as a sixth grade, to his success at the Vaughan Secondary School (Ont.) and finally the transfer to Huntington Prep (W.Va.).
The video begins in 2011, after Vaughan had captured a championship. Drew Ebanks interviewed Wiggins’ parents, Mitchell and Marieta.
“I’m very proud of Andrew, but this is just the beginning of something exciting for him,” Wiggins’ mother said in 2011.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)