Sep 18, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Kansas small forward Andrew Wiggins will be the focal point of this year’s college basketball season. When Wiggins committed to Kansas in May, he took a team slated to be in the middle of the preseason top-25 to an instant title contender. He also been projected as the top pick in the 2014 NBA Draft.
Even before he had made a college choice, he had the attention of basketball junkies everywhere, just ask Grant Traylor of the Herald-Dispatch, who saw his Twitter followers rise to the tens of thousands eager to see which of the four schools he’d pick.
With less than two months before his first collegiate game, OnPoint Basketball put together a five-minute video, documenting the rise in the world’s biggest basketball prospect. The video recaps his playing days as a kid at the Dufferin Clark Community Centre in Toronto, sitting on the bench — along with New Mexico State center Tanveer Bhullar — as a sixth grade, to his success at the Vaughan Secondary School (Ont.) and finally the transfer to Huntington Prep (W.Va.).
The video begins in 2011, after Vaughan had captured a championship. Drew Ebanks interviewed Wiggins’ parents, Mitchell and Marieta.
“I’m very proud of Andrew, but this is just the beginning of something exciting for him,” Wiggins’ mother said in 2011.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 4
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 3
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)