Sep 18, 2013, 12:29 PM EST
Cincinnati has shored up the future of their front line in the last two days.
After earning a commitment from Quadri Moore on Tuesday, Mick Cronin was able to sit back and listen to Gary Clark pledge to the Bearcats on Wednesday morning.
Clark is a supremely athletic 6-foot-7 forward from North Carolina that’s currently ranked No. 145 in Rivals top 150. He had offers from a number of ACC programs as well as VCU, Xavier and Wichita State.
Clark is the third front court player in the Class of 2014 for Cronin, joining Moore and JuCo transfer Coreontae DeBerry. The Bearcats will lose much of their front line to graduation after this season, but with Jermaine Lawrence joining the program this year and this crop of big men coming in next season, it may be time for Cronin to focus on how he is going to replace Sean Kilpatrick.
That said, fans at Fifth-Third Arena do have this to look forward to:
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Teams 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Why is Kentucky’s attendance going down? UK writer says Rupp is ‘stale’ (4)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Late Night Snacks: Rhode Island rivalry and VCU’s overtime (2)
- Wisconsin guard George Marshall seeking transfer (2)