Sep 18, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
Illinois State head coach Dan Muller has suspended JuCo transfer Daishon Knight indefinitely for a violation of team rules, according to a report.
According to McLean County Circuit Court records, Knight was arraigned last Friday on one count of aggravated battery in a public place, which is a Class 3 felony, and one count of resisting a police officer, which is a misdemeanor. He did not enter a plea. A status hearing is set for Oct. 4.
Knight averaged 19.4 points for Odessa College last season and was expected to compete for time in the back court for the Redbirds this season.
“We are still getting all of the details, and we will continue to handle the situation internally moving forward,” Muller said.
Knight was the No. 52 JuCo recruit in the country, according to JuCoRecruiting.com.
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 0
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 1
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 3
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 9
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 8
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (85)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)