Sep 18, 2013, 2:40 PM EST
Illinois State head coach Dan Muller has suspended JuCo transfer Daishon Knight indefinitely for a violation of team rules, according to a report.
According to McLean County Circuit Court records, Knight was arraigned last Friday on one count of aggravated battery in a public place, which is a Class 3 felony, and one count of resisting a police officer, which is a misdemeanor. He did not enter a plea. A status hearing is set for Oct. 4.
Knight averaged 19.4 points for Odessa College last season and was expected to compete for time in the back court for the Redbirds this season.
“We are still getting all of the details, and we will continue to handle the situation internally moving forward,” Muller said.
Knight was the No. 52 JuCo recruit in the country, according to JuCoRecruiting.com.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)