Sep 18, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
Illinois State head coach Dan Muller has suspended JuCo transfer Daishon Knight indefinitely for a violation of team rules, according to a report.
According to McLean County Circuit Court records, Knight was arraigned last Friday on one count of aggravated battery in a public place, which is a Class 3 felony, and one count of resisting a police officer, which is a misdemeanor. He did not enter a plea. A status hearing is set for Oct. 4.
Knight averaged 19.4 points for Odessa College last season and was expected to compete for time in the back court for the Redbirds this season.
“We are still getting all of the details, and we will continue to handle the situation internally moving forward,” Muller said.
Knight was the No. 52 JuCo recruit in the country, according to JuCoRecruiting.com.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)