Sep 19, 2013, 10:55 AM EST
The rain may have stopped out in Colorado, but the full extent of the damage from last week’s brutal flooding is still being determined.
The good news?
The number of people unaccounted for is as low as 200, as electricity has been restored to some regions and rescuers have reached some stranded victims.
The bad news?
At least six people were killed, a number that still could end up rising. The damage done by the flooding is expected to reach $2 billion, with $900 million of that being residential housing. It’s one of the worst natural disasters in the history of the region.
Last week, we wrote about how some athletes at Colorado University were chipping in to help some of the folks that were affected by this disaster. On Thursday, Air Force put out a press release announcing a 30 for $30,000 plan to help those affected by the flooding in Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak Region.
For every season ticket that is purchased between September 30th and October 30th, Air Force head coach Dave Pilipovich will donate $10 to the Pikes Peak United Way, which is one of a few charities that guarantees 100% of donations will go towards disaster relief. In addition to that, Air Force will have a season long fundraiser in which fans can pledge to donate a certain dollar amount for every three-pointer that AFA makes this season.
Click here for more information on how to contribute to the fundraising efforts.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)