Sep 19, 2013, 10:55 AM EST
The rain may have stopped out in Colorado, but the full extent of the damage from last week’s brutal flooding is still being determined.
The good news?
The number of people unaccounted for is as low as 200, as electricity has been restored to some regions and rescuers have reached some stranded victims.
The bad news?
At least six people were killed, a number that still could end up rising. The damage done by the flooding is expected to reach $2 billion, with $900 million of that being residential housing. It’s one of the worst natural disasters in the history of the region.
Last week, we wrote about how some athletes at Colorado University were chipping in to help some of the folks that were affected by this disaster. On Thursday, Air Force put out a press release announcing a 30 for $30,000 plan to help those affected by the flooding in Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak Region.
For every season ticket that is purchased between September 30th and October 30th, Air Force head coach Dave Pilipovich will donate $10 to the Pikes Peak United Way, which is one of a few charities that guarantees 100% of donations will go towards disaster relief. In addition to that, Air Force will have a season long fundraiser in which fans can pledge to donate a certain dollar amount for every three-pointer that AFA makes this season.
Click here for more information on how to contribute to the fundraising efforts.
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 0
- Senior starters once again lead the way for No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing the most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Wake Forest beats No. 4 Duke as Blue Devils struggle to score again 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)