Sep 19, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
While much of the attention regarding recruiting is focused on the players and the programs they commit to (as it should be), fan reactions can also be eye-catching. Of course there are the angry types who react to their favorite team missing out on a prospect as a spoiled child would, albeit with a lot more profanity.
But on the other end of the spectrum there are the fans who react with joy when their long-suffering program hits the recruiting jackpot. That was the case for Seton Hall fans Thursday afternoon, as 2014 shooting guard Isaiah Whitehead verbally committed to attend the Big East school following his senior year at Lincoln High School (located in Coney Island, the school has produced players such as Stephon Marbury, Jamel Thomas, Sebastian Telfair and Lance Stephenson).
One fan, Robert Manganaro, took things to another level however with this reaction. Apparently Manganaro stated that he would douse himself with blue Gatorade if the Pirates landed Whitehead, and it’s good to see that he followed through with the guarantee.
And if you think that was just a two-bottle affair, it wasn’t.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)
- Wichita State lands transfer guard from Texas A&M (2)