Sep 19, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
While much of the attention regarding recruiting is focused on the players and the programs they commit to (as it should be), fan reactions can also be eye-catching. Of course there are the angry types who react to their favorite team missing out on a prospect as a spoiled child would, albeit with a lot more profanity.
But on the other end of the spectrum there are the fans who react with joy when their long-suffering program hits the recruiting jackpot. That was the case for Seton Hall fans Thursday afternoon, as 2014 shooting guard Isaiah Whitehead verbally committed to attend the Big East school following his senior year at Lincoln High School (located in Coney Island, the school has produced players such as Stephon Marbury, Jamel Thomas, Sebastian Telfair and Lance Stephenson).
One fan, Robert Manganaro, took things to another level however with this reaction. Apparently Manganaro stated that he would douse himself with blue Gatorade if the Pirates landed Whitehead, and it’s good to see that he followed through with the guarantee.
And if you think that was just a two-bottle affair, it wasn’t.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)