Sep 19, 2013, 6:23 PM EST
While much of the attention regarding recruiting is focused on the players and the programs they commit to (as it should be), fan reactions can also be eye-catching. Of course there are the angry types who react to their favorite team missing out on a prospect as a spoiled child would, albeit with a lot more profanity.
But on the other end of the spectrum there are the fans who react with joy when their long-suffering program hits the recruiting jackpot. That was the case for Seton Hall fans Thursday afternoon, as 2014 shooting guard Isaiah Whitehead verbally committed to attend the Big East school following his senior year at Lincoln High School (located in Coney Island, the school has produced players such as Stephon Marbury, Jamel Thomas, Sebastian Telfair and Lance Stephenson).
One fan, Robert Manganaro, took things to another level however with this reaction. Apparently Manganaro stated that he would douse himself with blue Gatorade if the Pirates landed Whitehead, and it’s good to see that he followed through with the guarantee.
And if you think that was just a two-bottle affair, it wasn’t.
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 0
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 6
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)