Sep 21, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
If you’re bored over the weekend and need a hoops fix, you probably look at YouTube for basketball mixtapes and old game footage to pass the time like I do. Thankfully, since I live in Chicago, there is a lot of local high school basketball talent, including top-5 2014 power forward Cliff Alexander, to keep track of.
Alexander, rated No. 4 in Rivals’ 2014 national rankings, is currently considering Arizona, Baylor, DePaul, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Memphis, and Michigan State. He recently noted that he would like to play with former Louisville commit JaQuan Lyle as part of a package deal.
In this new Alexander workout mixtape from IowaElites, Cliff shows off his raw power around the hoop but also an expanded and improved jumper.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)