Sep 21, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
If you’re bored over the weekend and need a hoops fix, you probably look at YouTube for basketball mixtapes and old game footage to pass the time like I do. Thankfully, since I live in Chicago, there is a lot of local high school basketball talent, including top-5 2014 power forward Cliff Alexander, to keep track of.
Alexander, rated No. 4 in Rivals’ 2014 national rankings, is currently considering Arizona, Baylor, DePaul, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Memphis, and Michigan State. He recently noted that he would like to play with former Louisville commit JaQuan Lyle as part of a package deal.
In this new Alexander workout mixtape from IowaElites, Cliff shows off his raw power around the hoop but also an expanded and improved jumper.
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 0
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)