Sep 21, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Villanova has lost associate head coach Billy Lange to the Philadelphia 76ers, according to a report from CSN Philly’s Dei Lynam. The 41-year-old Lange served as associate head coach under head coach Jay Wright for two seasons after spending seven years as the head coach at Navy.
Lange will serve as assistant of player development for the 76ers and new head coach Brett Brown’s staff. Lange was 93-113 in his seven seasons at Navy before spending the last two seasons back on Jay Wright’s Villanova staff.
Before taking the head coaching job at Navy, Lange spent three seasons as an assistant at Villanova under Wright and also previously served as an assistant coach at LaSalle at the Division I level.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)