Sep 21, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
Villanova has lost associate head coach Billy Lange to the Philadelphia 76ers, according to a report from CSN Philly’s Dei Lynam. The 41-year-old Lange served as associate head coach under head coach Jay Wright for two seasons after spending seven years as the head coach at Navy.
Lange will serve as assistant of player development for the 76ers and new head coach Brett Brown’s staff. Lange was 93-113 in his seven seasons at Navy before spending the last two seasons back on Jay Wright’s Villanova staff.
Before taking the head coaching job at Navy, Lange spent three seasons as an assistant at Villanova under Wright and also previously served as an assistant coach at LaSalle at the Division I level.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)