Sep 21, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Villanova has lost associate head coach Billy Lange to the Philadelphia 76ers, according to a report from CSN Philly’s Dei Lynam. The 41-year-old Lange served as associate head coach under head coach Jay Wright for two seasons after spending seven years as the head coach at Navy.
Lange will serve as assistant of player development for the 76ers and new head coach Brett Brown’s staff. Lange was 93-113 in his seven seasons at Navy before spending the last two seasons back on Jay Wright’s Villanova staff.
Before taking the head coaching job at Navy, Lange spent three seasons as an assistant at Villanova under Wright and also previously served as an assistant coach at LaSalle at the Division I level.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)