Sep 21, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
Villanova has lost associate head coach Billy Lange to the Philadelphia 76ers, according to a report from CSN Philly’s Dei Lynam. The 41-year-old Lange served as associate head coach under head coach Jay Wright for two seasons after spending seven years as the head coach at Navy.
Lange will serve as assistant of player development for the 76ers and new head coach Brett Brown’s staff. Lange was 93-113 in his seven seasons at Navy before spending the last two seasons back on Jay Wright’s Villanova staff.
Before taking the head coaching job at Navy, Lange spent three seasons as an assistant at Villanova under Wright and also previously served as an assistant coach at LaSalle at the Division I level.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 2
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 1
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)