Sep 21, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
Villanova has lost associate head coach Billy Lange to the Philadelphia 76ers, according to a report from CSN Philly’s Dei Lynam. The 41-year-old Lange served as associate head coach under head coach Jay Wright for two seasons after spending seven years as the head coach at Navy.
Lange will serve as assistant of player development for the 76ers and new head coach Brett Brown’s staff. Lange was 93-113 in his seven seasons at Navy before spending the last two seasons back on Jay Wright’s Villanova staff.
Before taking the head coaching job at Navy, Lange spent three seasons as an assistant at Villanova under Wright and also previously served as an assistant coach at LaSalle at the Division I level.
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 3
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)