Sep 22, 2013, 9:51 PM EDT
First year Northwestern head coach Chris Collins has been busy on the recruiting trail since he was named the head coach of the program in late March. On Sunday evening, Collins landed his fourth commitment for the 2014 recruiting class as 6-foot-5 shooting guard Scott Lindsey chose Northwestern over fellow Big Ten program Iowa, along with Nevada and Vanderbilt.
Lindsey’s commitment to Northwestern comes on the heels of Vic Law’s commitment back in August. Law, rated as a top 100 player in the 2014 class by many of the recruiting services, served as a validation to Lindsey that Collins was constructing a team of top-tier players in a system that aligns with his game.
Scott Lidskin, Lindsey’s AAU coach for the Illinois Old School program, was the first to break the news:
Back in late August, Lindsey told Chris Johnson of Inside Northwestern what he sees in the program that Collins is building: “I know he hasn’t coached, but I think he already has the program moving in the right direction.”
And on Law’s commitment: “It says to me they can get big-time guys. Even some of the other guys they are recruiting are really good players. Coach Collins’ pitch is great.”
What is so interesting about Lindsey’s commitment to Northwestern at this date is that he is doing so prior to his official visit to campus during the weekend of October 5th. He visited Nevada last weekend (Sept. 13-15) and is fresh off of a visit to Iowa this weekend (Sept. 20-22). Clearly, Collins and Northwestern made such an impression on Lindsey that he didn’t even feel the need to visit the campus again.
Hailing from Oak Park, IL, Northwestern is just 20 miles north of his hometown.
Below are brief highlights of Lindsey:
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? 4
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 5
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 2
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (8)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (5)