Sep 22, 2013, 9:51 PM EDT
First year Northwestern head coach Chris Collins has been busy on the recruiting trail since he was named the head coach of the program in late March. On Sunday evening, Collins landed his fourth commitment for the 2014 recruiting class as 6-foot-5 shooting guard Scott Lindsey chose Northwestern over fellow Big Ten program Iowa, along with Nevada and Vanderbilt.
Lindsey’s commitment to Northwestern comes on the heels of Vic Law’s commitment back in August. Law, rated as a top 100 player in the 2014 class by many of the recruiting services, served as a validation to Lindsey that Collins was constructing a team of top-tier players in a system that aligns with his game.
Scott Lidskin, Lindsey’s AAU coach for the Illinois Old School program, was the first to break the news:
Back in late August, Lindsey told Chris Johnson of Inside Northwestern what he sees in the program that Collins is building: “I know he hasn’t coached, but I think he already has the program moving in the right direction.”
And on Law’s commitment: “It says to me they can get big-time guys. Even some of the other guys they are recruiting are really good players. Coach Collins’ pitch is great.”
What is so interesting about Lindsey’s commitment to Northwestern at this date is that he is doing so prior to his official visit to campus during the weekend of October 5th. He visited Nevada last weekend (Sept. 13-15) and is fresh off of a visit to Iowa this weekend (Sept. 20-22). Clearly, Collins and Northwestern made such an impression on Lindsey that he didn’t even feel the need to visit the campus again.
Hailing from Oak Park, IL, Northwestern is just 20 miles north of his hometown.
Below are brief highlights of Lindsey:
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)