Sep 23, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
Elite 2014 forward and former Indiana recruit Trey Lyles announced on Instagram Monday evening that he was down to rivals Kentucky and Louisville as his final two schools.
In the creative Instagram announcement, the 6’10”, 245-pound Lyles used photos of what he might look like in Wildcat blue or Cardinal red in what’s sure to be a heated recruiting battle.
Lyles, regarded as the No. 8 prospect in Rivals’ 2014 national rankings, hosted Kentucky and Louisville on in-home visits last week and has already visited Louisville for his official visit. Lyles is expected to visit Kentucky for an official visit starting on October 18th.
The Indianapolis native from Arsenal Tech was previously committed to Indiana in September 2010 before playing a high school varsity game and decommitted from the Hoosiers in August 2012.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)