Sep 23, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
Elite 2014 forward and former Indiana recruit Trey Lyles announced on Instagram Monday evening that he was down to rivals Kentucky and Louisville as his final two schools.
In the creative Instagram announcement, the 6’10”, 245-pound Lyles used photos of what he might look like in Wildcat blue or Cardinal red in what’s sure to be a heated recruiting battle.
Lyles, regarded as the No. 8 prospect in Rivals’ 2014 national rankings, hosted Kentucky and Louisville on in-home visits last week and has already visited Louisville for his official visit. Lyles is expected to visit Kentucky for an official visit starting on October 18th.
The Indianapolis native from Arsenal Tech was previously committed to Indiana in September 2010 before playing a high school varsity game and decommitted from the Hoosiers in August 2012.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)