Sep 23, 2013, 7:30 PM EST
Elite 2014 forward and former Indiana recruit Trey Lyles announced on Instagram Monday evening that he was down to rivals Kentucky and Louisville as his final two schools.
In the creative Instagram announcement, the 6’10”, 245-pound Lyles used photos of what he might look like in Wildcat blue or Cardinal red in what’s sure to be a heated recruiting battle.
Lyles, regarded as the No. 8 prospect in Rivals’ 2014 national rankings, hosted Kentucky and Louisville on in-home visits last week and has already visited Louisville for his official visit. Lyles is expected to visit Kentucky for an official visit starting on October 18th.
The Indianapolis native from Arsenal Tech was previously committed to Indiana in September 2010 before playing a high school varsity game and decommitted from the Hoosiers in August 2012.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)