Sep 23, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Indiana freshman forward Troy Williams will miss several weeks of action after injuring his right hand during a workout, according to a report from the Indiana Athletics website.
The 6’7″ forward spent his senior season at Oak Hill Academy and was expected to push for minutes this season at Indiana with the frontcourt losses of Cody Zeller and Christian Watford but this setback might cause Williams to lose some of his offseason momentum heading into his first season in Bloomington.
“Troy has been rising in all areas of his game,” Indiana Coach Tom Crean said in the release. “While this is a setback, it is a minor one in the scheme of things.”
Crean is correct, this is only a minor setback for Williams — and if he’s only out for a few weeks he won’t even miss any regular season games — but it certainly hurts that Williams will miss what would have been his first collegiate practices as he adjusts to the rigors of major college basketball and the Big Ten.
- Bubble Banter: St. John’s with a huge win, N.C. State with an ugly loss 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)