Sep 23, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Indiana freshman forward Troy Williams will miss several weeks of action after injuring his right hand during a workout, according to a report from the Indiana Athletics website.
The 6’7″ forward spent his senior season at Oak Hill Academy and was expected to push for minutes this season at Indiana with the frontcourt losses of Cody Zeller and Christian Watford but this setback might cause Williams to lose some of his offseason momentum heading into his first season in Bloomington.
“Troy has been rising in all areas of his game,” Indiana Coach Tom Crean said in the release. “While this is a setback, it is a minor one in the scheme of things.”
Crean is correct, this is only a minor setback for Williams — and if he’s only out for a few weeks he won’t even miss any regular season games — but it certainly hurts that Williams will miss what would have been his first collegiate practices as he adjusts to the rigors of major college basketball and the Big Ten.
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 3
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)