Sep 23, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Indiana freshman forward Troy Williams will miss several weeks of action after injuring his right hand during a workout, according to a report from the Indiana Athletics website.
The 6’7″ forward spent his senior season at Oak Hill Academy and was expected to push for minutes this season at Indiana with the frontcourt losses of Cody Zeller and Christian Watford but this setback might cause Williams to lose some of his offseason momentum heading into his first season in Bloomington.
“Troy has been rising in all areas of his game,” Indiana Coach Tom Crean said in the release. “While this is a setback, it is a minor one in the scheme of things.”
Crean is correct, this is only a minor setback for Williams — and if he’s only out for a few weeks he won’t even miss any regular season games — but it certainly hurts that Williams will miss what would have been his first collegiate practices as he adjusts to the rigors of major college basketball and the Big Ten.
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Teams 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Why is Kentucky’s attendance going down? UK writer says Rupp is ‘stale’ (4)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Late Night Snacks: Rhode Island rivalry and VCU’s overtime (2)
- Wisconsin guard George Marshall seeking transfer (2)