Sep 23, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Indiana freshman forward Troy Williams will miss several weeks of action after injuring his right hand during a workout, according to a report from the Indiana Athletics website.
The 6’7″ forward spent his senior season at Oak Hill Academy and was expected to push for minutes this season at Indiana with the frontcourt losses of Cody Zeller and Christian Watford but this setback might cause Williams to lose some of his offseason momentum heading into his first season in Bloomington.
“Troy has been rising in all areas of his game,” Indiana Coach Tom Crean said in the release. “While this is a setback, it is a minor one in the scheme of things.”
Crean is correct, this is only a minor setback for Williams — and if he’s only out for a few weeks he won’t even miss any regular season games — but it certainly hurts that Williams will miss what would have been his first collegiate practices as he adjusts to the rigors of major college basketball and the Big Ten.
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 3
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)