Sep 23, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Indiana freshman forward Troy Williams will miss several weeks of action after injuring his right hand during a workout, according to a report from the Indiana Athletics website.
The 6’7″ forward spent his senior season at Oak Hill Academy and was expected to push for minutes this season at Indiana with the frontcourt losses of Cody Zeller and Christian Watford but this setback might cause Williams to lose some of his offseason momentum heading into his first season in Bloomington.
“Troy has been rising in all areas of his game,” Indiana Coach Tom Crean said in the release. “While this is a setback, it is a minor one in the scheme of things.”
Crean is correct, this is only a minor setback for Williams — and if he’s only out for a few weeks he won’t even miss any regular season games — but it certainly hurts that Williams will miss what would have been his first collegiate practices as he adjusts to the rigors of major college basketball and the Big Ten.
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)