Sep 23, 2013, 1:54 PM EST
LSU has landed their first commitment in the Class of 2014, as Louisiana native Aaron Epps made a pledge to Johnny Jones and the Tigers on Monday,
Epps, a three-star recruit according to Rivals, is a skinny, 6-foot-9 forward with the kind of athleticism that makes land-warriors like myself eternally envious. Not only did he make Louisiana’s Class 4A all-state team as a junior, but he finished second in the state in the high jump, clearing a height of 6-foot-6.
Epps had an up-and-down summer playing for the Jackson Tigers in the EYBL, but he came on strong during Peach Jam and ended the event by putting up 19 points against Boo Williams.
He joins UNC-Asheville transfer Keith Hornsby as the Tigers that will make their debuts during the 2014-2015 season.
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 3
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 1
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 2
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)