Sep 23, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
LSU has landed their first commitment in the Class of 2014, as Louisiana native Aaron Epps made a pledge to Johnny Jones and the Tigers on Monday,
Epps, a three-star recruit according to Rivals, is a skinny, 6-foot-9 forward with the kind of athleticism that makes land-warriors like myself eternally envious. Not only did he make Louisiana’s Class 4A all-state team as a junior, but he finished second in the state in the high jump, clearing a height of 6-foot-6.
Epps had an up-and-down summer playing for the Jackson Tigers in the EYBL, but he came on strong during Peach Jam and ended the event by putting up 19 points against Boo Williams.
He joins UNC-Asheville transfer Keith Hornsby as the Tigers that will make their debuts during the 2014-2015 season.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 1
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)