Sep 23, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
LSU has landed their first commitment in the Class of 2014, as Louisiana native Aaron Epps made a pledge to Johnny Jones and the Tigers on Monday,
Epps, a three-star recruit according to Rivals, is a skinny, 6-foot-9 forward with the kind of athleticism that makes land-warriors like myself eternally envious. Not only did he make Louisiana’s Class 4A all-state team as a junior, but he finished second in the state in the high jump, clearing a height of 6-foot-6.
Epps had an up-and-down summer playing for the Jackson Tigers in the EYBL, but he came on strong during Peach Jam and ended the event by putting up 19 points against Boo Williams.
He joins UNC-Asheville transfer Keith Hornsby as the Tigers that will make their debuts during the 2014-2015 season.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)
- Austin Nichols looking to transfer from Memphis (2)
- Star Kansas freshman Carlton Bragg injured on trip to South Korea (1)