Sep 23, 2013, 1:54 PM EST
LSU has landed their first commitment in the Class of 2014, as Louisiana native Aaron Epps made a pledge to Johnny Jones and the Tigers on Monday,
Epps, a three-star recruit according to Rivals, is a skinny, 6-foot-9 forward with the kind of athleticism that makes land-warriors like myself eternally envious. Not only did he make Louisiana’s Class 4A all-state team as a junior, but he finished second in the state in the high jump, clearing a height of 6-foot-6.
Epps had an up-and-down summer playing for the Jackson Tigers in the EYBL, but he came on strong during Peach Jam and ended the event by putting up 19 points against Boo Williams.
He joins UNC-Asheville transfer Keith Hornsby as the Tigers that will make their debuts during the 2014-2015 season.
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)