Sep 23, 2013, 10:41 AM EST
Tyler Olander’s latest legal snafu has been cleared up.
According to a report from Dave Borges of the New Haven Register, Olander plead guilty to driving without a license. He paid a $75 fine and had the charges dropped. He was initially charged with DUI, but Borges is reporting that there were two breathalyzer tests taken that recorded Olander below Conneticut’s legal limit, so the state declined to pursue charges.
Olander was arrested earlier this month, the second time that he’s been arrested in 2013, and was once again suspended indefinitely from the team.
It’s unclear if the most serious charges being dropped will result in a reinstatement to the UConn team, but Olander was seen at this weekend’s ceremony to honor Jim Calhoun. Without Olander in the lineup, UConn will be playing without their biggest and most experienced front court player. Olander averaged 4.3 points and 3.7 boards last season, which should tell you just how thin UConn is up front. They have a loaded perimeter attack, but the Huskies need the big fella on the floor.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)