Sep 23, 2013, 10:41 AM EST
Tyler Olander’s latest legal snafu has been cleared up.
According to a report from Dave Borges of the New Haven Register, Olander plead guilty to driving without a license. He paid a $75 fine and had the charges dropped. He was initially charged with DUI, but Borges is reporting that there were two breathalyzer tests taken that recorded Olander below Conneticut’s legal limit, so the state declined to pursue charges.
Olander was arrested earlier this month, the second time that he’s been arrested in 2013, and was once again suspended indefinitely from the team.
It’s unclear if the most serious charges being dropped will result in a reinstatement to the UConn team, but Olander was seen at this weekend’s ceremony to honor Jim Calhoun. Without Olander in the lineup, UConn will be playing without their biggest and most experienced front court player. Olander averaged 4.3 points and 3.7 boards last season, which should tell you just how thin UConn is up front. They have a loaded perimeter attack, but the Huskies need the big fella on the floor.
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)