Sep 24, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
Drake was on the ESPN First Take set today to talk about his involvement in sports, such as his friendship with LeBron James, and his weekend in Toronto with Johnny Manziel.
The musician’s relationship with John Calipari in the Kentucky Wildcats has been well-documented. Drake has made the trip to Lexington many times, and there are numerous photos of the two together. But on Tuesday, he mentioned just how close the two are. Drake recently graduated high school, and Coach Cal — as if he was a blue chip prospect — hopped on a plane and was in attendance for his graduation in Canada.
“He’s a great man,” Drake told Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith.
He also mentioned Calipari presented him with a Kentucky jersey, though as Drew Franklin from Kentucky Sports Radio points out later in the day Drake missed three open net goals while still on the ESPN campus, so offering him a spot on the team won’t be necessary.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)