Sep 24, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
Drake was on the ESPN First Take set today to talk about his involvement in sports, such as his friendship with LeBron James, and his weekend in Toronto with Johnny Manziel.
The musician’s relationship with John Calipari in the Kentucky Wildcats has been well-documented. Drake has made the trip to Lexington many times, and there are numerous photos of the two together. But on Tuesday, he mentioned just how close the two are. Drake recently graduated high school, and Coach Cal — as if he was a blue chip prospect — hopped on a plane and was in attendance for his graduation in Canada.
“He’s a great man,” Drake told Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith.
He also mentioned Calipari presented him with a Kentucky jersey, though as Drew Franklin from Kentucky Sports Radio points out later in the day Drake missed three open net goals while still on the ESPN campus, so offering him a spot on the team won’t be necessary.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015’s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)