Sep 24, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
Drake was on the ESPN First Take set today to talk about his involvement in sports, such as his friendship with LeBron James, and his weekend in Toronto with Johnny Manziel.
The musician’s relationship with John Calipari in the Kentucky Wildcats has been well-documented. Drake has made the trip to Lexington many times, and there are numerous photos of the two together. But on Tuesday, he mentioned just how close the two are. Drake recently graduated high school, and Coach Cal — as if he was a blue chip prospect — hopped on a plane and was in attendance for his graduation in Canada.
“He’s a great man,” Drake told Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith.
He also mentioned Calipari presented him with a Kentucky jersey, though as Drew Franklin from Kentucky Sports Radio points out later in the day Drake missed three open net goals while still on the ESPN campus, so offering him a spot on the team won’t be necessary.
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 1
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 1
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 54
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 8
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 13
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (60)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)