Sep 24, 2013, 7:38 PM EST
Drake was on the ESPN First Take set today to talk about his involvement in sports, such as his friendship with LeBron James, and his weekend in Toronto with Johnny Manziel.
The musician’s relationship with John Calipari in the Kentucky Wildcats has been well-documented. Drake has made the trip to Lexington many times, and there are numerous photos of the two together. But on Tuesday, he mentioned just how close the two are. Drake recently graduated high school, and Coach Cal — as if he was a blue chip prospect — hopped on a plane and was in attendance for his graduation in Canada.
“He’s a great man,” Drake told Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith.
He also mentioned Calipari presented him with a Kentucky jersey, though as Drew Franklin from Kentucky Sports Radio points out later in the day Drake missed three open net goals while still on the ESPN campus, so offering him a spot on the team won’t be necessary.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)