Sep 24, 2013, 8:26 AM EST
That run to the Final Four is paying off in a big way for Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall.
On Monday evening, the Shockers announced that their head coach would be getting a significant pay raise, with his salary jumping from $1.03 million to $1.6 million on November 9th with another bump, up to $1.75 million, in April. The 2013-2014 will be Marshall’s seventh season, and since he has a seven-year rolling contract, he is under contract through the 2019-2010 season.
Marshall isn’t the only one to get a raise. He now has a salary pool of $501,000 to pay his three assistants and Director of Basketball Operations. Those salaries put the Shockers on par with schools like Gonzaga as well as some of the top 25 BCS programs across the country.
“I want to thank our administration for the tremendous commitment they have shown to our entire basketball program,” Marshall said. “From our enhanced amenities in Koch Arena and our renovated locker room to improved compensation to all our coaches, Wichita State University has shown great appreciation for what we do. Obviously I feel this is a Big Time basketball program and I feel truly blessed to be your basketball coach. Go Shockers.”
Marshall is 139-70 with the Shockers.
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)