Sep 24, 2013, 8:26 AM EDT
That run to the Final Four is paying off in a big way for Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall.
On Monday evening, the Shockers announced that their head coach would be getting a significant pay raise, with his salary jumping from $1.03 million to $1.6 million on November 9th with another bump, up to $1.75 million, in April. The 2013-2014 will be Marshall’s seventh season, and since he has a seven-year rolling contract, he is under contract through the 2019-2010 season.
Marshall isn’t the only one to get a raise. He now has a salary pool of $501,000 to pay his three assistants and Director of Basketball Operations. Those salaries put the Shockers on par with schools like Gonzaga as well as some of the top 25 BCS programs across the country.
“I want to thank our administration for the tremendous commitment they have shown to our entire basketball program,” Marshall said. “From our enhanced amenities in Koch Arena and our renovated locker room to improved compensation to all our coaches, Wichita State University has shown great appreciation for what we do. Obviously I feel this is a Big Time basketball program and I feel truly blessed to be your basketball coach. Go Shockers.”
Marshall is 139-70 with the Shockers.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)