Sep 24, 2013, 8:26 AM EST
That run to the Final Four is paying off in a big way for Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall.
On Monday evening, the Shockers announced that their head coach would be getting a significant pay raise, with his salary jumping from $1.03 million to $1.6 million on November 9th with another bump, up to $1.75 million, in April. The 2013-2014 will be Marshall’s seventh season, and since he has a seven-year rolling contract, he is under contract through the 2019-2010 season.
Marshall isn’t the only one to get a raise. He now has a salary pool of $501,000 to pay his three assistants and Director of Basketball Operations. Those salaries put the Shockers on par with schools like Gonzaga as well as some of the top 25 BCS programs across the country.
“I want to thank our administration for the tremendous commitment they have shown to our entire basketball program,” Marshall said. “From our enhanced amenities in Koch Arena and our renovated locker room to improved compensation to all our coaches, Wichita State University has shown great appreciation for what we do. Obviously I feel this is a Big Time basketball program and I feel truly blessed to be your basketball coach. Go Shockers.”
Marshall is 139-70 with the Shockers.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)