Sep 24, 2013, 8:26 AM EDT
That run to the Final Four is paying off in a big way for Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall.
On Monday evening, the Shockers announced that their head coach would be getting a significant pay raise, with his salary jumping from $1.03 million to $1.6 million on November 9th with another bump, up to $1.75 million, in April. The 2013-2014 will be Marshall’s seventh season, and since he has a seven-year rolling contract, he is under contract through the 2019-2010 season.
Marshall isn’t the only one to get a raise. He now has a salary pool of $501,000 to pay his three assistants and Director of Basketball Operations. Those salaries put the Shockers on par with schools like Gonzaga as well as some of the top 25 BCS programs across the country.
“I want to thank our administration for the tremendous commitment they have shown to our entire basketball program,” Marshall said. “From our enhanced amenities in Koch Arena and our renovated locker room to improved compensation to all our coaches, Wichita State University has shown great appreciation for what we do. Obviously I feel this is a Big Time basketball program and I feel truly blessed to be your basketball coach. Go Shockers.”
Marshall is 139-70 with the Shockers.
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 1
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 1
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 2
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 4
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 22
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 9
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (85)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)