Sep 24, 2013, 8:23 PM EDT
Fran McCaffery got the Hawkeyes in the top four for Marian Catholic (Ill.) point guard Tyler Ulis, only to see him commit to Kentucky earlier this month. Two weeks later, Iowa got its first commit in the Class of 2014 in Hamilton High (Wisc.) shooting guard Brady Ellingson.
The 6-foot-3 Ellingson announced his decision on Tuesday evening via Twitter:
Blessed to say that I’m Officially committed to the University of Iowa! #GoHawkeyes 🏀
— Brady Ellingson (@B_Ellingson22) September 24, 2013
Ellingson had offers from Dayton, Drake, Missouri, South Dakota State among others, but had cut his list to three options. He picked Iowa over Oakland and San Diego. Iowa is getting a knockdown 3-point shooter in the fall of 2014, something the Hawkeyes struggled doing in 2012-2013. Iowa shot 30.5 percent this past season, but in its Class of 2013 added shooter Peter Jok, a 6-foot-6 small forward.
The first Hawkeye commit in 2014 is a three-star recruit according to Rivals.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)