Sep 24, 2013, 6:59 PM EDT
The New Mexico men’s basketball program is entering the Craig Neal era now that Steve Alford is in Westwood. On Monday, the school released an image of its new court at The Pit.
The school released the new court design via its Twitter account.
The University of New Mexico spent around $130,000 on the court renovations which began in July, according to Geoff Grammer of the Albuquerque Journal. Grammer also noted that the floor is in place, and is waiting to be painted.
The Lobos finished one win shy of 30 this past season and with returning scorer Kendall Williams and top rebounder Alex Kirk back in The Pit this year, New Mexico is the favorite to win the Mountain West in Neal’s first season as head coach.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)