Sep 24, 2013, 6:59 PM EDT
The New Mexico men’s basketball program is entering the Craig Neal era now that Steve Alford is in Westwood. On Monday, the school released an image of its new court at The Pit.
The school released the new court design via its Twitter account.
The University of New Mexico spent around $130,000 on the court renovations which began in July, according to Geoff Grammer of the Albuquerque Journal. Grammer also noted that the floor is in place, and is waiting to be painted.
The Lobos finished one win shy of 30 this past season and with returning scorer Kendall Williams and top rebounder Alex Kirk back in The Pit this year, New Mexico is the favorite to win the Mountain West in Neal’s first season as head coach.
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 4
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (10)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)