Sep 25, 2013, 10:09 AM EDT
Jordans are the most popular and in demand shoe in the country.
Every year, the Jordan brand releases a new model of the shoe — we’re up to the Jordan XX8 this year — and every year people wait in line for hours (or days) just to be able to spend a few hundred bucks to have them first.
No one cares about shoes as much as young basketball players do, which is why North Carolina, who is sponsored by the Jordan brand (Mike went to school there, duh!), is smart to make sure that their players get outfitted in the latest Js every season.
According to ESPN’s sports business reporter Darren Rovell, the Heels will be doing just that this season, wearing a custom-made, camouflage version of the Jordan XX8 SE.
This is what the normal version of the XX8 looks like.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0