Sep 25, 2013, 10:09 AM EDT
Jordans are the most popular and in demand shoe in the country.
Every year, the Jordan brand releases a new model of the shoe — we’re up to the Jordan XX8 this year — and every year people wait in line for hours (or days) just to be able to spend a few hundred bucks to have them first.
No one cares about shoes as much as young basketball players do, which is why North Carolina, who is sponsored by the Jordan brand (Mike went to school there, duh!), is smart to make sure that their players get outfitted in the latest Js every season.
According to ESPN’s sports business reporter Darren Rovell, the Heels will be doing just that this season, wearing a custom-made, camouflage version of the Jordan XX8 SE.
This is what the normal version of the XX8 looks like.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)