Sep 25, 2013, 10:09 AM EDT
Jordans are the most popular and in demand shoe in the country.
Every year, the Jordan brand releases a new model of the shoe — we’re up to the Jordan XX8 this year — and every year people wait in line for hours (or days) just to be able to spend a few hundred bucks to have them first.
No one cares about shoes as much as young basketball players do, which is why North Carolina, who is sponsored by the Jordan brand (Mike went to school there, duh!), is smart to make sure that their players get outfitted in the latest Js every season.
According to ESPN’s sports business reporter Darren Rovell, the Heels will be doing just that this season, wearing a custom-made, camouflage version of the Jordan XX8 SE.
This is what the normal version of the XX8 looks like.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)