Sep 25, 2013, 10:09 AM EDT
Jordans are the most popular and in demand shoe in the country.
Every year, the Jordan brand releases a new model of the shoe — we’re up to the Jordan XX8 this year — and every year people wait in line for hours (or days) just to be able to spend a few hundred bucks to have them first.
No one cares about shoes as much as young basketball players do, which is why North Carolina, who is sponsored by the Jordan brand (Mike went to school there, duh!), is smart to make sure that their players get outfitted in the latest Js every season.
According to ESPN’s sports business reporter Darren Rovell, the Heels will be doing just that this season, wearing a custom-made, camouflage version of the Jordan XX8 SE.
This is what the normal version of the XX8 looks like.
- 2014 Mountain West Tournament Preview: San Diego State, New Mexico clear favorites in Las Vegas 0
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 1
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)