Sep 25, 2013, 10:09 AM EDT
Jordans are the most popular and in demand shoe in the country.
Every year, the Jordan brand releases a new model of the shoe — we’re up to the Jordan XX8 this year — and every year people wait in line for hours (or days) just to be able to spend a few hundred bucks to have them first.
No one cares about shoes as much as young basketball players do, which is why North Carolina, who is sponsored by the Jordan brand (Mike went to school there, duh!), is smart to make sure that their players get outfitted in the latest Js every season.
According to ESPN’s sports business reporter Darren Rovell, the Heels will be doing just that this season, wearing a custom-made, camouflage version of the Jordan XX8 SE.
This is what the normal version of the XX8 looks like.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)