Sep 26, 2013, 10:26 AM EDT
Rutgers got some big news on Thursday morning, as Pitt transfer JJ Moore was given a waiver by the NCAA which will allow him to play immediately for the Scarlett Knights.
He’s the second player transferring into the program that was given a waiver by the NCAA. Last month, Kerwin Okoro got the news that he would be cleared to play this season after transferring in from Iowa State.
Eddie Jordan still isn’t going to have an easy season in his first year coaching his alma mater, but the addition of Moore and Okoro will make it so that Rutgers is not the easy out that many expected them to be. With Myles Mack and Jerome Seagears joining Moore on the perimeter, and Wally Judge and Kadeem Jack up front, Rutgers has a respectable starting lineup. Throw in Okoro coming off the bench and, if he gets eligible, freshman big man Junior Etou, and this is a group that could pick off one or two of the AAC’s big boys.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)