Sep 26, 2013, 10:26 AM EST
Rutgers got some big news on Thursday morning, as Pitt transfer JJ Moore was given a waiver by the NCAA which will allow him to play immediately for the Scarlett Knights.
He’s the second player transferring into the program that was given a waiver by the NCAA. Last month, Kerwin Okoro got the news that he would be cleared to play this season after transferring in from Iowa State.
Eddie Jordan still isn’t going to have an easy season in his first year coaching his alma mater, but the addition of Moore and Okoro will make it so that Rutgers is not the easy out that many expected them to be. With Myles Mack and Jerome Seagears joining Moore on the perimeter, and Wally Judge and Kadeem Jack up front, Rutgers has a respectable starting lineup. Throw in Okoro coming off the bench and, if he gets eligible, freshman big man Junior Etou, and this is a group that could pick off one or two of the AAC’s big boys.
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)