Sep 26, 2013, 10:26 AM EST
Rutgers got some big news on Thursday morning, as Pitt transfer JJ Moore was given a waiver by the NCAA which will allow him to play immediately for the Scarlett Knights.
He’s the second player transferring into the program that was given a waiver by the NCAA. Last month, Kerwin Okoro got the news that he would be cleared to play this season after transferring in from Iowa State.
Eddie Jordan still isn’t going to have an easy season in his first year coaching his alma mater, but the addition of Moore and Okoro will make it so that Rutgers is not the easy out that many expected them to be. With Myles Mack and Jerome Seagears joining Moore on the perimeter, and Wally Judge and Kadeem Jack up front, Rutgers has a respectable starting lineup. Throw in Okoro coming off the bench and, if he gets eligible, freshman big man Junior Etou, and this is a group that could pick off one or two of the AAC’s big boys.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)