Sep 26, 2013, 10:26 AM EDT
Rutgers got some big news on Thursday morning, as Pitt transfer JJ Moore was given a waiver by the NCAA which will allow him to play immediately for the Scarlett Knights.
He’s the second player transferring into the program that was given a waiver by the NCAA. Last month, Kerwin Okoro got the news that he would be cleared to play this season after transferring in from Iowa State.
Eddie Jordan still isn’t going to have an easy season in his first year coaching his alma mater, but the addition of Moore and Okoro will make it so that Rutgers is not the easy out that many expected them to be. With Myles Mack and Jerome Seagears joining Moore on the perimeter, and Wally Judge and Kadeem Jack up front, Rutgers has a respectable starting lineup. Throw in Okoro coming off the bench and, if he gets eligible, freshman big man Junior Etou, and this is a group that could pick off one or two of the AAC’s big boys.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)