Sep 26, 2013, 10:26 AM EDT
Rutgers got some big news on Thursday morning, as Pitt transfer JJ Moore was given a waiver by the NCAA which will allow him to play immediately for the Scarlett Knights.
He’s the second player transferring into the program that was given a waiver by the NCAA. Last month, Kerwin Okoro got the news that he would be cleared to play this season after transferring in from Iowa State.
Eddie Jordan still isn’t going to have an easy season in his first year coaching his alma mater, but the addition of Moore and Okoro will make it so that Rutgers is not the easy out that many expected them to be. With Myles Mack and Jerome Seagears joining Moore on the perimeter, and Wally Judge and Kadeem Jack up front, Rutgers has a respectable starting lineup. Throw in Okoro coming off the bench and, if he gets eligible, freshman big man Junior Etou, and this is a group that could pick off one or two of the AAC’s big boys.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)