Sep 28, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
Miami landed another post commitment this weekend as junior college big man Ivan Uceda pledged to the Hurricanes on Saturday according to a tweet from Adam Zagoria.
Although the Hurricanes will be in rebuilding mode this season after last season’s surprising trip to the Sweet 16, they’re off to a solid start in the 2014 recruiting class with four commitments in the class.
A 6’10”, 240-pound center, Uceda is a native of Madrid, Spain and plays his junior college ball at Harcum College in Pennsylvania, where he set the single-season record for rebounding average with 10.67 rebounds per game last season.
The Hurricanes added another post prospect in high school center Omar Sherman from Prime Prep in Texas on Thursday night and also have commitments from combo guard Ja’Quan Newton and shooting guard James Palmer in the 2014 class.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)