Sep 28, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
Miami landed another post commitment this weekend as junior college big man Ivan Uceda pledged to the Hurricanes on Saturday according to a tweet from Adam Zagoria.
Although the Hurricanes will be in rebuilding mode this season after last season’s surprising trip to the Sweet 16, they’re off to a solid start in the 2014 recruiting class with four commitments in the class.
Ivan Uceda of Harcum College to Miami—
Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria) September 28, 2013
A 6’10”, 240-pound center, Uceda is a native of Madrid, Spain and plays his junior college ball at Harcum College in Pennsylvania, where he set the single-season record for rebounding average with 10.67 rebounds per game last season.
The Hurricanes added another post prospect in high school center Omar Sherman from Prime Prep in Texas on Thursday night and also have commitments from combo guard Ja’Quan Newton and shooting guard James Palmer in the 2014 class.
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)