Sep 28, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
Miami landed another post commitment this weekend as junior college big man Ivan Uceda pledged to the Hurricanes on Saturday according to a tweet from Adam Zagoria.
Although the Hurricanes will be in rebuilding mode this season after last season’s surprising trip to the Sweet 16, they’re off to a solid start in the 2014 recruiting class with four commitments in the class.
A 6’10”, 240-pound center, Uceda is a native of Madrid, Spain and plays his junior college ball at Harcum College in Pennsylvania, where he set the single-season record for rebounding average with 10.67 rebounds per game last season.
The Hurricanes added another post prospect in high school center Omar Sherman from Prime Prep in Texas on Thursday night and also have commitments from combo guard Ja’Quan Newton and shooting guard James Palmer in the 2014 class.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)