Sep 28, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
Miami landed another post commitment this weekend as junior college big man Ivan Uceda pledged to the Hurricanes on Saturday according to a tweet from Adam Zagoria.
Although the Hurricanes will be in rebuilding mode this season after last season’s surprising trip to the Sweet 16, they’re off to a solid start in the 2014 recruiting class with four commitments in the class.
Ivan Uceda of Harcum College to Miami—
Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria) September 28, 2013
A 6’10″, 240-pound center, Uceda is a native of Madrid, Spain and plays his junior college ball at Harcum College in Pennsylvania, where he set the single-season record for rebounding average with 10.67 rebounds per game last season.
The Hurricanes added another post prospect in high school center Omar Sherman from Prime Prep in Texas on Thursday night and also have commitments from combo guard Ja’Quan Newton and shooting guard James Palmer in the 2014 class.
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 7
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)