Sep 28, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
Miami landed another post commitment this weekend as junior college big man Ivan Uceda pledged to the Hurricanes on Saturday according to a tweet from Adam Zagoria.
Although the Hurricanes will be in rebuilding mode this season after last season’s surprising trip to the Sweet 16, they’re off to a solid start in the 2014 recruiting class with four commitments in the class.
A 6’10″, 240-pound center, Uceda is a native of Madrid, Spain and plays his junior college ball at Harcum College in Pennsylvania, where he set the single-season record for rebounding average with 10.67 rebounds per game last season.
The Hurricanes added another post prospect in high school center Omar Sherman from Prime Prep in Texas on Thursday night and also have commitments from combo guard Ja’Quan Newton and shooting guard James Palmer in the 2014 class.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)