Sep 28, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Frank Haith and the Missouri Tigers got some good news today, picking up a commitment from 2014 guard Namon Wright.
Wright is a 6-foot-4 wing from California, ranked No. 87 overall by Rivals. His Twitter announcement was pretty low-key, and hardly definitive.
— Namon Wright (@kharyw) September 28, 2013
Follow-up tweets between Wright and his followers confirmed that the 2014 prospect had, indeed, pledged to Mizzou on his visit.
Haith and the Tigers still have a long ways to go before they’re in the recruiting stratosphere occupied by SEC foes Kentucky (and hey, who doesn’t?) but their ability to range all the way to the west coast to pick up a big, athletic guard is impressive. Haith was hardly lauded as a savior when Mizzou hired him away from Miami a couple of years ago, but he’s more than proved his mettle since then.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)