Sep 28, 2013, 9:32 PM EST
Frank Haith and the Missouri Tigers got some good news today, picking up a commitment from 2014 guard Namon Wright.
Wright is a 6-foot-4 wing from California, ranked No. 87 overall by Rivals. His Twitter announcement was pretty low-key, and hardly definitive.
— Namon Wright (@kharyw) September 28, 2013
Follow-up tweets between Wright and his followers confirmed that the 2014 prospect had, indeed, pledged to Mizzou on his visit.
Haith and the Tigers still have a long ways to go before they’re in the recruiting stratosphere occupied by SEC foes Kentucky (and hey, who doesn’t?) but their ability to range all the way to the west coast to pick up a big, athletic guard is impressive. Haith was hardly lauded as a savior when Mizzou hired him away from Miami a couple of years ago, but he’s more than proved his mettle since then.
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)