Sep 28, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
Frank Haith and the Missouri Tigers got some good news today, picking up a commitment from 2014 guard Namon Wright.
Wright is a 6-foot-4 wing from California, ranked No. 87 overall by Rivals. His Twitter announcement was pretty low-key, and hardly definitive.
— Namon Wright (@kharyw) September 28, 2013
Follow-up tweets between Wright and his followers confirmed that the 2014 prospect had, indeed, pledged to Mizzou on his visit.
Haith and the Tigers still have a long ways to go before they’re in the recruiting stratosphere occupied by SEC foes Kentucky (and hey, who doesn’t?) but their ability to range all the way to the west coast to pick up a big, athletic guard is impressive. Haith was hardly lauded as a savior when Mizzou hired him away from Miami a couple of years ago, but he’s more than proved his mettle since then.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)