Sep 29, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Donnie Jones is at it again. Less than two weeks after earning a commitment from Alex Owens, a top player in the class of 2015 from from Orlando, FL, Jones received good news on Sunday morning when Adonys Henriquez verbally committed to play at Central Florida.
Henriquez, like Jones, is from Orlando and is ranked as a Top 100 recruit in ESPN’s class of 2014 rankings.
ESPN’s Reggie Rankin broke the news:
Henriquez formerly committed to Miami (FL), but backed out of that commitment in late August. Back out of Miami to commit to Central Florida — that’s really saying something as to what Henriquez thinks of the program Donnie Jones is building at UCF. The fact that two of the top players in Florida are heading to UCF rather than the big three schools — Florida, Florida State, or Miami — is pretty darn impressive.
Having been an assistant at Florida for Billy Donovan from 1996-2007, prior to being the head coach at Marshall from 2007-10, it’s clear Jones knows what it takes to recruit in the Sunshine state.
Along with UCF, Butler was courting Henriquez very hard; just last weekend, Henriquez was on an official visit to Butler.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)