Sep 29, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Donnie Jones is at it again. Less than two weeks after earning a commitment from Alex Owens, a top player in the class of 2015 from from Orlando, FL, Jones received good news on Sunday morning when Adonys Henriquez verbally committed to play at Central Florida.
Henriquez, like Jones, is from Orlando and is ranked as a Top 100 recruit in ESPN’s class of 2014 rankings.
ESPN’s Reggie Rankin broke the news:
Henriquez formerly committed to Miami (FL), but backed out of that commitment in late August. Back out of Miami to commit to Central Florida — that’s really saying something as to what Henriquez thinks of the program Donnie Jones is building at UCF. The fact that two of the top players in Florida are heading to UCF rather than the big three schools — Florida, Florida State, or Miami — is pretty darn impressive.
Having been an assistant at Florida for Billy Donovan from 1996-2007, prior to being the head coach at Marshall from 2007-10, it’s clear Jones knows what it takes to recruit in the Sunshine state.
Along with UCF, Butler was courting Henriquez very hard; just last weekend, Henriquez was on an official visit to Butler.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)