Sep 29, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Donnie Jones is at it again. Less than two weeks after earning a commitment from Alex Owens, a top player in the class of 2015 from from Orlando, FL, Jones received good news on Sunday morning when Adonys Henriquez verbally committed to play at Central Florida.
Henriquez, like Jones, is from Orlando and is ranked as a Top 100 recruit in ESPN’s class of 2014 rankings.
ESPN’s Reggie Rankin broke the news:
Henriquez formerly committed to Miami (FL), but backed out of that commitment in late August. Back out of Miami to commit to Central Florida — that’s really saying something as to what Henriquez thinks of the program Donnie Jones is building at UCF. The fact that two of the top players in Florida are heading to UCF rather than the big three schools — Florida, Florida State, or Miami — is pretty darn impressive.
Having been an assistant at Florida for Billy Donovan from 1996-2007, prior to being the head coach at Marshall from 2007-10, it’s clear Jones knows what it takes to recruit in the Sunshine state.
Along with UCF, Butler was courting Henriquez very hard; just last weekend, Henriquez was on an official visit to Butler.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)