Sep 29, 2013, 2:05 PM EST
It was announced on Saturday night that Willie Cauley-Stein, a projected starter for Kentucky in the frontcourt, will miss up to two weeks of practice time due to an injury sustained to his right hand.
Considering the time of Cauley-Stein’s injury and if the 10-14 days of absence are accurate, he certainly should not miss anytime during the regular season, and should be back for Big Blue Madness, slated for October 18th.
Last season as a freshman, Cauley-Stein averaged 8.3 points and 6.2 rebounds in 23.6 minutes per game. He is projected to start in Kentucky’s frontcourt alongside his classmate Alex Poythress. Of course, should there be any lingering affects with his injury, the Wildcats also have Julius Randle, Dakari Johnson and Marcus Lee available to step in. Not too bad.
Kentucky begins the season at home against UNC Asheville on November 8th. Their first real test comes against Michigan State on November 12th at the United Center in Chicago as part of the State Farm Champions Classic.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)