Sep 29, 2013, 2:05 PM EDT
It was announced on Saturday night that Willie Cauley-Stein, a projected starter for Kentucky in the frontcourt, will miss up to two weeks of practice time due to an injury sustained to his right hand.
Considering the time of Cauley-Stein’s injury and if the 10-14 days of absence are accurate, he certainly should not miss anytime during the regular season, and should be back for Big Blue Madness, slated for October 18th.
Last season as a freshman, Cauley-Stein averaged 8.3 points and 6.2 rebounds in 23.6 minutes per game. He is projected to start in Kentucky’s frontcourt alongside his classmate Alex Poythress. Of course, should there be any lingering affects with his injury, the Wildcats also have Julius Randle, Dakari Johnson and Marcus Lee available to step in. Not too bad.
Kentucky begins the season at home against UNC Asheville on November 8th. Their first real test comes against Michigan State on November 12th at the United Center in Chicago as part of the State Farm Champions Classic.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 1
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)